- Polar expeditions and cruise
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 200
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover the historic Chilean town of Punta Arenas – a second South American gateway to the Great White Continent and future home to the International Antarctic Center.
- On Intrepid’s comfortable and wellequipped Ocean Endeavour, learn a thing or two about your upcoming explorations with a series of lectures and workshops presented by photographers, marine biologists and glaciologists.
- Zodiac excursions open up exploration opportunities in Antarctica’s glacial waters, icy coves and wildliferich shores. Get on board with a number of trips scheduled during your Antarctic expedition.
- Antarctica’s wildlife is varied, unique and undeniably incredible. Penguins, seals, whales, albatross – your expedition crew will curate your adventure to ensure you’ve got the best chance of multiple sightings.
Cruise to the Antarctic Peninsula on an 12-day polar expedition from the southern shores of Chile’s Punta Arenas. Taking on the Magellan Strait and the mighty Drake Passage, jump aboard Intrepid’s Ocean Endeavour in search of rare bird and marine life, jagged icebergs and mountainous landscapes like no other. Travel with experts who will present a comprehensive lecture program, head on extraordinary shore landings and take advantage of onboard comforts after a day of exploring. If you thought the remote reaches of Antarctica were out of reach, think again.
Punta Arenas – Embarkation Day
Drake Passage – Antarctic Peninsula
Ushuaia - Disembarkation Day
- 1 night comfortable hotel, 10 nights expedition cruise ship
- 11 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches, 10 Dinners
- Expedition cruise ship , zodiac
- An expert tour leader
- Any international flights to Punta Arenas and from Ushuaia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Antarctica from Punta Arenas tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 365 today.
- Earn US$ 242+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Antarctica from Punta Arenas tour. You can cancel the tour up to 123 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 122 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 February 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 February 2022, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 122 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Antarctica from Punta Arenas tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Antarctica from Punta Arenas tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The Antarctic waters can be rough and unpredictable, but don’t worry - our ice-strengthened ship is big and sturdy and equipped with stabilizers to ensure you’ll have a safe crossing to the white continent. Some people may experience seasickness, especially through the Drake Passage and other open water crossings, so please be prepared with medications to combat this. There is also a doctor on board should you need further assistance.
- It’s best to dress in layers when you journey outside and we’ll provide you with waterproof boots that are sturdy and warm. Please see the Essential Trip Information for notes on what to bring.
- Depending on the weather, you’ll be zipping around in a Zodiac boat quite regularly to explore the area and search for wildlife. Some spray could occur, so make sure you dress appropriately and keep your camera safe and dry. Enduring the elements is one thing, having no photos to show for it is another. Sturdy sea legs are needed for wet and dry landings from the boat, as well as on steep terrain, snow and other uneven surfaces. The Ocean Endeavour has a lift, but you’ll need to take the stairs to get to the gangway and some other parts of the ship that the lift does not provide access to.
- The weather plays a pivotal part in this adventure and, although there’s an itinerary in place, there are no guarantees that you’ll be able to do everything that is planned for. A level of flexibility and openness to embracing the unexpected are important in expedition travel, especially in such a remote area. There are nearly 200 recognised sites in the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetland Islands; the places mentioned in the itinerary may need to be changed to others (which are just as interesting). We may also be confined to the ship during rough weather. The ship’s library and educational lectures are ideal ways to stay entertained, while the wellness spa, saunas, gym and yoga classes will keep you fresh for when the weather clears.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Food and dietary requirements
The Intrepid Foundation
Last modified (date)