- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- age_requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover one of the oldest breweries in Chile
- Try beers made with the purest water on the planet
- Taste 10 different types of local beer and learn their names in Spanish
- Learn how each beer has characteristic components of southern Patagonia
Spend a relaxing afternoon getting to know all about the beer scene in Punta Arenas. Join an expert local guide and start off at one of the oldest breweries in Chile where you’ll see the beer-making process and taste the seven beers they produce. Switching gears, you’ll also visit a local bar to taste a few craft brews while sipping among locals. What could be better than getting to know a new city through its beer?
Your beer tour of Punta Arenas starts at the city’s main square where you will meet your local guide. From here we’ll take a scenic walk through the colonial area of Punta Arenas to Austral Brewery, the oldest brewery in Punta Arenas and one of the most popular in Chile.
Once at the brewery, we will take a tour of the facilities and learn all about the beer-making make the process, from the selection of malted barley to bottling, as well as the history behind the barley to bottle process.
After this dose of beer-making facts and history, it will be time for the best part: tasting! At the showroom, we will have the honor of tasting all the beers that the factory produces (7 types) and choose our favorite. Following our tour and tasting, we will take a private car or van to get to our next stop, which (naturally) includes more beer.
Our second beer stop is an authentic local bar where you’ll have the chance to sip among locals, learning more about the people of Punta Arenas and how they like to socialize.
At the bar you will have the chance to enjoy 3 types of local craft beer and taste the differences between the industrial beer we tired earlier and artisanal beer, both made with the purest water on the planet.
The tour will end at the bar. Feel free to stay as long as you want, or your local guide can direct you back to your accommodations or other great places to drink in the city.
- Car or van transportation from factory to the end point.&Nbsp;
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tour of Austral Brewery
- 10 different types of beer tastings
- Food during the tour
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Beer and Cheers Punta Arenas tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Beer and Cheers Punta Arenas tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Beer and Cheers Punta Arenas tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Meet at Plaza Muñoz Gamero, at the center of the plaza, next to the Hernando de Magallanes Monument.Meeting end point :
Bar Bulnes. Av. Pdte. Manuel Bulnes 408. Punta Arenas.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.