- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Skip the Drake Passage and fly from Punta Arenas to King George Island
- Explore the remarkable Antarctic Peninsula
- Incredible wildlife including seabirds, penguins, seals and whales
- Travel on a small expedition vessel
This trip is the perfect short, introductory expedition to the Antarctic Peninsula, the most pristine wilderness on earth. We reduce the Drake Passage crossing from two days to two hours by flying from Punta Arenas to King George Island in the South Shetland Islands. We spend the next four days sailing between the South Shetlands and the Antarctic Peninsula, past towering glacier-capped mountains rising from a brilliant blue sea, dotted with ice floes, and enjoying the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales. We hope to visit magnificent spots such as Petermann Island, Neko Harbour and the Gerlache Strait, and have the chance to scramble up to a high point for an unforgettable view of Port Lockeroy. On this adventure we will also visit penguin colonies, listen for calving glaciers, and visit both historic sites and research stations.
Day 1: Start Punta Arenas; overnight in hotel.
Day 2: Charter flight to King George Island; board ship and embark.
Day 3-6: Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands.
Day 7: Disembark on King George Island; charter flight to Punta Arenas and overnight
Day 8: End Punta Arenas.
- All accommodation
- Beer and wine during dinner
- All transport and listed activities
- We can include flights from the UK. Please contact us for a quote.
- 5 or 6 nights on the ship plus 2 nights in Punta Arenas
- Expedition cruising in comfortable conditions
- All meals while on the ship
- Full complement of qualified Expedition Staff
- Any international flights to/from Punta Arenas are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Antarctic Express: Fly the Drake tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Antarctic Express: Fly the Drake tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 January 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Antarctic Express: Fly the Drake tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Antarctic Express: Fly the Drake tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.