- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 2 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the islands of South America's largest freshwater lake with local guide
- Discover the ingenious floating islands that were handbuilt by the indigenous Uru locals of Lake Titicaca
- Spend the night with a local family on an island homestay – an incredible way to get to know a people and their culture
- Experience the traditional culture of the Taquilenos and browse their beautiful handwoven apparel
Sail close to the clouds on Lake Titicaca and meet the descendants of ancient civilisations that inhabit its islands. Feel the spongy reeds of the 'floating' Uros islands beneath your feet, learn about unique local cultures and customs at a homestay, and relish the vistas over seemingly infinite waters from the brilliant Taquile Island. This is the world’s highest navigable lake, sitting at a soaring 3,812 m above sea level. On this unique and inspiring trip, encounter the fascinating people and beautiful locations that characterise this evocative place.
Puno / Lake Titicaca
- Homestay (1 night)
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Boat , Minibus
- English speaking guide
- Lake Titicaca boat trip and Uros Island
- Taquile Island visit
- Any international flights to/from Puno are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Lake Titicaca Homestay tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lake Titicaca Homestay tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 87 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 18 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Lake Titicaca Homestay tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lake Titicaca Homestay tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip visits places that are at high altitude, and as a result some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the 'Medical and Health Information' section of the Essential Trip Information for more details on this. This is a Short Break Adventure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader, our local representative fills this role and the configuration of any fellow travellers in the group might change during the trip. This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travellers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers