- duration 2 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Spend the night with an indigenous family
- Learn about the culture of the villagers of Taquile Island
- Experience the breathtaking Lake Titicaca
Get ready to go back in time for a colourful, vibrant and eye-opening cultural experience to visit different indigenous cultures on Lake Titicaca. Spend the night with an indigenous family on the Luquina community and experience their way of living. Explore the beautiful Uros Floating Islands and Taquile Island. Admire awe-inspiring views of Lake Titicaca.
Day 1: Puno - Luquina, Peru
Day 2: Luquina - Puno, Peru
- Basic private room with shared bathroom at homestay
- 1 Breakfast(s)
- 1 Dinner(s)
- Transfers, boat rides
- Puno accommodation pick-up/drop-off
- Boat rides
- Visit Uros Floating Island
- Homestay with the locals
- Hike on a Taquile island
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to the islands
- Small gift for the host family to show appreciation (can be purchased in Puno on the morning of departure)
- Personal expenses
- Transfers from hotels located out of the city (Libertador, Eco Inn, Casa Andina Private Collection, Posada del Inca, Mirador del Titicaca, Taypikala, Yacht, Jose Antonio)
- Other Meals/Drinks
- Tips for guide and driver (In Peru & Bolivia it is common to tip your tour guide if you feel he/she provided you with good service. It is not obligatory but it would be a nice gesture)
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 4 today.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Lake Titicaca & Luquina Homestay 2D/1N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 31 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Lake Titicaca & Luquina Homestay 2D/1N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lake Titicaca & Luquina Homestay 2D/1N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Suggestions for Homestay: Sleeping arrangements are basic, you will have a private room but will have a shared bathroom. All rooms are in different family homes and may vary in accommodations, some houses may not have electricity. Bring with you adequate amounts of water and snacks to avoid paying expensive rates on the islands. Bring enough cash to purchase souvenirs (between 5-20 soles) and extras on the islands. Remember to respect the ecology of the islands, any trash you bring in - bring out with you upon your departure and do not take any native plants or rocks from the islands.
What to bring: Warm clothing and light clothing (the temperatures can vary very quickly), Torch / flashlight, Sun Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen, Hiking shoes, Water bottle (you can buy one also on the islands), Money in soles (very low Exchange rate for dollars), Sleeping bag (optional), Rain jacket / Rain poncho (rainy season from October to March), Small gift for host family to show appreciation (Cooking or kitchen materials, souvenir from your home country or children's books).
NOTE: Please take a SMALL backpack with you on the trip and leave your BIG backpack at your hostel. You will return to Puno after the tour.
The pickup will be between 7:00 - 8:00 am, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the pickup location and time.
Please wait in the lobby of your hostel for your pick up 15 minutes before. Pickup time may vary depending on your hostel location so please be patient.