- Bird watching
- Train tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Golden Temple in Amritsar
- Buddhist sites at Dharamsala
- Pragpur & Garli heritage villages
- Toy train to Shimla
This two week India tour introduces you to the beauty of India’s north, taking you to the foothills of the Himalayas before heading to the arid plains of Rajasthan.
We’ll start in Amritsar, visiting its iconic Sikh Golden Temple and taking in the colourful Wagah border ceremony at the India and Pakistan border. We’ll make our way to the Buddhist hub of Mcleodganj - the home of the Dalai Lama and a host of important temples and monasteries. We’ll stop at a few less visited heritage villages before heading on a spectacular toy train journey through the breathtaking mountain scenery to the old British hill station of Shimla.
Our north India journey then takes us to India’s capital city of Delhi, as we explore its old and new sides, before we travel to the arid state of Rajasthan, exploring the ‘pink city’ of Jaipur, famous for is colourful sandstone and bustling craft markets.
We’ll head to the remote rural village of Tordi, staying in an old converted palace before exploring the birdlife and wildlife of the Keoladeo National Park from the back of a guided cycle rickshaw.
Any India tour would be incomplete without a visit to Agra’s magnificent Taj Mahal, as we witness it up close at sunrise and sunset, from the banks of the Yamuna River. We’ll return to Delhi and visit the Akshardham temple complex where we enjoy a spectacular water and light show on our final evening.
If we have more time, then you can also add further extensions to visit the holy city of Varanasi, head to the beach at Goa, or take some wildlife safaris in search of tigers at Ranthambore National Park.
Day 1 : Welcome to Amritsar - airport to hotel transfer included
Day 2 : A visit to Amritsar’s Golden Temple
Day 3 : Drive to McLeod Ganj. Free afternoon
Day 4 : Exploring the Dalai Lama Monastery
Day 5 : Exploring the Heritage Villages of Pragpur & Garli
Day 6 : A Toy Train Ride to Shimla
Day 7 : Exploring Shimla
Day 8 : A train ride to Delhi. Transfer to hotel
Day 9 : Exploring Old and New Delhi
Day 10 : Jaipur and a visit to Amber Fort
Day 11 : Exploring the city of Jaipur
Day 12 : Meet the locals at Tordi Garh, optional activities available
Day 13 : Birdwatching and the world's largest step well
Day 14 : Fatephur Sikri, and a first view of the Taj Mahal
Day 15 : A Taj Mahal sunrise and a multimedia water show
Day 16 : Bon voyage! Airport transfer included
- All accommodation in mid-range hotels and heritage properties
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (15 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners)
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of a local tour leader and specialist local guides
- Himalayan Queen toy train journey to Shimla
- 2nd class AC train journey from Chandigarh to Delhi
- Sightseeing tours and activities as per the itinerary
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for drivers and guides
- Entrance fees (allow approx. US$154)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 136 today.
- Earn US$ 91+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this North India Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 December 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
North India Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this North India Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.