- Bicycle tour
- Kayaking and canoeing
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 4
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 8
- Visit the quaint hilltop villages of Motovun, Grožnjan and Oprtalj
- Cycle the Parenzana railroad turned to bicycle route
- Hike from waterfall to waterfall, and in Brijuni National Park
- Kayak in the crystalclear waters at the southern tip of Istria, exploring seaside caves
Meet Istria, a fairytale triangular peninsula and the westernmost county of Croatia. Surrounded by the Adriatic Sea on the west and east, and mountains in the north, Istria offers an abundant diversity in landscape and mouthwatering cuisine. Critically acclaimed olive oil and of course splendid wines are the culprit for picturesque sights of numerous olive orchards and vineyards that dot the countryside. The only coat of arms in the world with a white goat on it is uniquely Istrian, symbolizes among others, a long history of dairy farming, making Istrian hard cheese a delicacy.
We'll cycle along the beautiful Istrian coast and through the historical inland of fairytale hills and old Istrian towns. Kayaks will take us through the mesmerising turquoise waters where we'll discover magical caves full of playful gleaming sunlight. Brijuni National Park will take us on a gentle walk among exotic animals and breathtaking nature and just when you think there are no more hidden gems we'll go on a hike featuring numerous waterfalls that will prove you wrong.
Day 1: Pula Airport
Day 2: Cycle: Pula - Kamenjak - Medulin - Pula
Day 3: Kayak: Pula
Day 4: Hike: Brijuni Island National Park - Rovinj
Day 5: Cycle: Buje - Grožnjan - Oprtalj - Motovun
Day 6: Hike: Buzet - Motovun
Day 7: Cycle: Pazin - Butoniga - Motovun
Day 8: Motovun - Pula Airport
- Meals: 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 7 Dinners
- Complete accommodation for the tour: (7 nights) in 4* boutique hotels when available or highest-rated accommodation in the area
- High-quality bicycle with electric motor assistance
- Experienced multi-adventure guide
- Support vehicle for your luggage and support necessities that can accommodate seven passengers and two guides
- Refreshment water and snacks during the entire course of the tour
- Entrance fees to National and Nature Parks
- Transfers and ferry rides
- Our description booklet with maps and highlighted routes
- Premium Welcome package
- Single room supplement
- Cycling helmet (if needed, please let us know in advance)
- Any hiking gear
- Airline tickets
- Additional alcoholic drinks
- Tips in restaurants, staff tips
- Earn US$ 159+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationWe recommend at least moderate physical fitness for participants to be able to fully enjoy the whole route. A comfortable seat in our support van is always at your disposal for when the uphills wear you down too much. If you're using your own clipon pedals, we'll be happy to install them on your bike If your arrival/departure airport is different from specified in the tour description, we will be happy to arrange your shuttle transfer (surcharge to be applied)