- duration 13 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-7712
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Cycle around much-loved Andean lakes including Lago Llanquihue and Lago Frías
- Ride the scenic Seven Lakes Road cycling route to San Martin
- See ancient monkey puzzle trees in Conguillio National Park
- Enjoy free time in Bariloche to hike or go rafting
- Visit the Batea Mahuida volcano crater in Villa Pehuenia
Discover a beautiful and fertile land at the northern gateway to Patagonia – a magical escape of active volcanoes, turquoise rivers, gigantic lakes and ancient native forests. See Andean condors swoop from the cordillera foothills as we cycle on some of the most scenic paved routes in South America. We’ll also gain cultural insight into both Chile and Argentina, including the European influences and indigenous customs that have shaped the region.
Offering a fantastic mix of paved roads and off-road gravel tracks, this two-country cycling route allows you to cross the Andes twice in spectacular fashion. Along with the challenging bike ascents and catamaran rides across Todos los Santos Lake, you’ll also enjoy staying at a charming ecolodge in Conguillo National Park.
Day 1: Start Puerto Varas
Day 2: Cycle around the edge of Lago Llanquihue to Frutillar
Day 3: Cycle from Puerto Varas to Petrohue; boat ride on the emerald waters of Todos los Santos Lake
Day 4: Begin the Andes crossing to Argentina; lake crossing and some tough cycling sections to arrive at Puerto Blest
Day 5: Ferry across Lago Nahuel Huapi to Puerto Panuelo; cycle to Bariloche
Day 6: Free day; explore Bariloche and ascend the nearby viewpoint of Cerro Campanario
Day 7: Transfer through the Enchanted Valley to the Traful river; cycle to Villa Traful
Day 8: Short transfer to start point; cycle the Camino de los Siete Lagos to San Martin de los Andes
Day 9: Transfer to Rahue village; cycle along the Alumine River to Villa Pehuenia
Day 10: Free day in Villa Pehuenia
Day 11: Cycle to Icalma Village in Chile; short transfer to Melipueco; cycle the lunar landscape of Conguillio National Park
Day 12: Ride through Conguillio National Park
Day 13: End Temuco Airport
- All breakfasts, eight lunches and one dinner included
- Tour leader throughout
- Local bike hire
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation
- E-bike hire
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 189+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling the Lake District of Chile & Argentina tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 March 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 March 2024, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycling the Lake District of Chile & Argentina tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling the Lake District of Chile & Argentina tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.
- What level of fitness to you have to be to go on this tour?
What type of bike do I need on this tour?
The type of bike used on this tour is Trek X-Caliber 7 and Giant Fathom 29er 2 mountain bikes with front suspension. A quality local hire bike is included in the overall price of this tour. At the time of booking the tour operator will take your height in order to reserve equipment. The operator will tell you before you book whether suitably sized bikes are available.