- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Two South American countries
- Cycle across the Andes
- Iconic Andean Lakes
- See Monkey Puzzle Forests
Discover a beautiful and fertile land at the northern gateway to Patagonia - a magical landscape filled with active volcanoes, turquoise rivers, gigantic lakes and ancient native forests. See Andean condors swooping down from the foothills of the cordillera as we cycle on some of the most scenic paved routes that South America has to offer. We'll gain a cultural insight into both Chile and Argentina, including the European influences and indigenous customs that have shaped the region. Cross the Andes twice in spectacular fashion on two wheels as part of an incredible 'once in a lifetime' journey!
Day 1: Start Puerto Varas.
Day 2: Cycle around the edge of Lago Llanquihue to Frutillar.
Day 3: Ride from Puerto Varas to Petrohue; boat ride on the emerald waters of Todos
los Santos Lake.
Day 4: Begin the Andes crossing to Argentina; lake crossing and some tough cycling
sections to arrive at Puerto Blest.
Day 5: Ferry across Lago Nahuel Huapi to Puerto Panuelo; cycle to Bariloche.
Day 6: Free day; time to explore the city of Bariloche and ascend the nearby
viewpoint of Cerro Campanario.
Day 7: Transfer to Villa La Angostura; cycle the 'Camino de los Siete Lagos' to San
Martin de los Andes.
Day 8: Ride through Huilo Huilo biological reserve; boat ride to Port Fuy; ride to
Day 9: Cycle to Panguipulli Village; transfer to Pucon.
Day 10: Free day in Pucon; optional hot springs or trek up Villarica Volcano (weather
Day 11: Transfer to Cunco; cycle into the lunar landscape of Conguillio National
Park; stay at base of Llaima Volcano.
Day 12: Ride through Conguillio N.P.
Day 13: End Conguillio National Park
- 12 nights hotels all en suite , 13 nights hotels all en suite (12 for Land Only bookings)
- All breakfasts, 9 lunches and 1 dinner included
- 9 days cycling with full vehicle support
- Airport transfers (if booking incl. flights)
- 74% tarmac, 26% unpaved tracks
- Routes mainly follow quiet roads
- Group normally 5 to 16 plus local staff. Min age 16 yrs
- Tour leader throughout
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Puerto Varas and from Melipeuco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling the Lake District of Chile & Argentina tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 152+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling the Lake District of Chile & Argentina tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 January 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycling the Lake District of Chile & Argentina tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling the Lake District of Chile & Argentina tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.