- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 750 meters
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek the famous W circuit in Torres del Paine, located in the Chilean Patagonia
- Discover famous landmarks such as Glacier Grey, Laguna Nordjenskold & Las Torres
- Camp or lodge out in the wilderness
This five-day, guided trek takes you through one of the most popular trails inside the national park, the W Circuit, and covers striking pointed peaks and massive glaciers of the Paine Massif and the Southern Patagonia Ice Field. In less than a week, you will trek through almost 60km of trails and stay at a variety of accommodation, which includes both shelters (refugios) and camps.
This tour is best suited for experienced trekkers and physically-fit adventurers who are willing to practice hiking trails with, at times, demanding conditions. Crowds of trekkers are more prevalent during the high season, which also overlaps with the pleasant summer weather in the Southern Hemisphere.
Book with us to discover an area of great scenic beauty, defined by ridges, crags, glaciers, waterfalls, rivers, lakes and lagoons. Please go through the itinerary section below for more details.
I travelled with my guide in a bed bus from Arequipa to Cotahausi and at 5:00 am the next morning we caught a collectivo to start the first trek. All travel to the distant little villages in the Canyon was by local collectivos and the guide used his knowledge of the timetables to catch the collectivos on their return journeys. Travelling with local people was an extremely interesting glimpse into everyday life.
One morning we caught a bus at 3:00 am to travel to Puyca to walk up to the Wari ruins high above the village at the Archaeological site of Maucallacta, 3925 metres: such a peaceful, pre Inca site high up against the heights of the Canyon overlooking ancient terraces that swept down to the bottom of the valley. There was even a stone bathing area that we recognised as an Inca addition.
Cotahausi Canyon is extremely beautiful, remote, diverse and unspoilt with many interesting attractions to walk to including the impressive tall Cactus Forest and Sepia Falls. One very cold morning we travelled to a village called Huaynacotas high up on the sides of the Canyon. It had snowed the night before and a volcanic crater and the ridges above the snow line were dusted with white. After walking along the ridge road to enjoy the view along the canyon, we took five hours to walk on a narrow track down to the river and then on to Luicho to splash in the local thermal pools.
Cotahuasi Canyon is an amazing place to trek and I am very grateful to James and my guide that I was given the opportunity to have such an authentic experience.”
Day 1: Torres del Paine arrival
Day 2: Trekking Mirador Base Torres
Day 3: Trekking Sector Francés
Day 4: Trekking Valle Francés
Day 5: Trek to Glaciar Grey Sector & back to Puerto Natales
- Meals: 4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches & 3 Dinners
- A professional, bilingual trekking guide (English & Spanish)
- Either camping or refugio accommodation for four nights
- International flights
- Domestic flights (can be incorporated on request at an additional price)
- Chile visa charges
- Travel insurance
- Transfers: Bus journey from Puerto Natales lasts about two and a half hours (112 km) & cost US22 - USD24 per person for a round trip ticket. Catamaran to Pudeto on last day USD 34 per person
- Accommodation required before or after the trek (can be incorporated on request at an additional price)
- Park entrance fees (to be paid in cash on arrival at the park entrance)
- Earn US$ 49+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.