- duration 3 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience the raw nature of the massive Amazon Jungle
- Explore an Amazonian research station’s many sights and sounds
- Hike through the jungle canopy 100 feet above the ground
Walk through this impressive field station's exclusive trails to explore the rainforest's ecosystems at this ecological reserve, where 540 bird species, 362 ant species (world record) and over 100 mammal species have been registered! Discover the incredible natural diversity of the Peruvian Amazon on this tour, where information and knowledge are at the forefront, with the luscious and colourful jungle as your backdrop!
Day 1: Puerto Maldonado - Amazon Research Station, Peru
Day 2: Amazon Jungle, Peru
Day 3: Amazon Jungle - Puerto Maldonado, Peru
- 2 nights accommodation in a hotel
- 2 Breakfast(s)
- 2 Lunch(es)
- 2 Dinner(s)
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Puerto Maldonado Airport/bus station pick-up/drop-off
- Motorized canoe trip to/from Amazon research station
- All transfers during tour
- Jungle activities as per itinerary
- Trail system hike
- Nighttime river cruise
- Canopy walkway
- Carachama trail
- Rainforest night hike
- Lake Sandoval canoe
- Expert English-speaking jungle guide
- Reserve entrance fees
- Life vest & rubber boots
- Optional activities
- Visa fees
- Other meals/drinks
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 15+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Puerto Maldonado Amazon Field Station 3D/2N (from Puerto Maldonado) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit of 30% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 89 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Puerto Maldonado Amazon Field Station 3D/2N (from Puerto Maldonado) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Puerto Maldonado Amazon Field Station 3D/2N (from Puerto Maldonado) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Note: The lodge accommodation is of a more basic nature, to ensure the research station has minimal environmental impact and remains as true as it can to its surroundings.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols