- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- age_requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the old town of Cidade Velha, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Stroll in amongst the many plantations, including bananas, papayas, mangoes and sugarcane
- Hike the stunning ribeiras of Santo Antão, and meet the locals
- Visit fairytalelike villages such as Fontainhas
The Cape Verde Islands never fail to delight the senses and this exciting itinerary will allow us to experience the dramatic variety of landscapes to be found here. Predominantly on foot, we will explore the very best of these islands, starting with Santiago to discover the history of the Cape Verde Islands. We continue with Sao Vincente and Santo Antao to enjoy the breath-taking scenery; from fertile valleys and mountain ranges to salt pans and long stretches of coastline as well as the peculiar rock formations and microclimates which are characteristic of this region.
Day 1: Start trip in Praia, Santiago
Day 2: Visit of Cidade Velha, Flight to São Vicente
Day 3: Ferry to Santo Antão, hike to Caibros
Day 4: Hike through the valley of the Ribeira Grande
Day 5: Move along the coast to Ponta do Sol
Day 6: The greenest valley of all... Paúl
Day 7: Cha de Morte to Alto Mira
Day 8: Ferry back to Mindelo, city tour and guitar workshop
Day 9: São Vicente Island Tour
Day 10: Adeus Cabo Verde
- • 5 days walking (5-6 hours), and 1 shorter day walk • Altitude maximum 1100m, average 700m • 6 nights hotels with ensuite facilities, 3 nights pensions with shared facilities • All breakfasts, 6 lunches/lunch boxes and 6 dinners included , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Praia and from São Vicente are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Undiscovered Trails of Cape Verde tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 96+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Undiscovered Trails of Cape Verde tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Undiscovered Trails of Cape Verde tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Undiscovered Trails of Cape Verde tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.