- duration 11 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the old town of Cidade Velha, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Stroll in amongst the many plantations, including bananas, papayas, mangoes and sugarcane
- Hike the stunning ribeiras of Santo Antão, and meet the locals
- Visit fairytalelike villages such as Fontainhas
The Cape Verde Islands never fail to delight the senses and this exciting itinerary will allow us to experience the dramatic variety of landscapes to be found here. Predominantly on foot, we will explore the very best of these islands, starting with Santiago to discover the history of the Cape Verde Islands. We continue with Sao Vincente and Santo Antao to enjoy the breath-taking scenery; from fertile valleys and mountain ranges to salt pans and long stretches of coastline as well as the peculiar rock formations and microclimates which are characteristic of this region.
Day 1: Start trip in Praia, Santiago
Day 2: Visit of Cidade Velha, Flight to São Vicente
Day 3: Ferry to Santo Antão, hike to Caibros
Day 4: Hike through the valley of the Ribeira Grande
Day 5: Move along the coast to Ponta do Sol
Day 6: The greenest valley of all... Paúl
Day 7: Cha de Morte to Alto Mira
Day 8: Local farmers' project and ferry back to Mindelo
Day 9: Culture and Music in Mindelo
Day 10: Island Tour São Vicente
Day 11: Adeus Cabo Verde
- • 5 days walking (4-5 hours), and 1 shorter day walk • Altitude maximum 1100m, average 700m • 7 nights hotels with ensuite facilities, 3 nights pensions with shared facilities • All breakfasts, 7 lunches/lunch boxes and 6 dinners included, All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 6 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Praia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Undiscovered Trails of Cape Verde tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 93 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 265 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 30 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Undiscovered Trails of Cape Verde tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Undiscovered Trails of Cape Verde tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.