- duration 4.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Savour exceptional food and drink from local cafés, pubs, and restaurants
- Ride public transit and experience three distinct districts of Prague
- Learn about the food you’re eating, the drink in your hand, and the city around you
- Catch surprising and beautiful city views that show how Prague is seen by locals
Many guidebooks speak solely of Prague’s hearty, carnivorous, traditional fare, relaying only outdated information of our city’s bursting food scene. We’re here to show you otherwise. Step outside the city centre and get to know Prague the best way we can think of: through your belly. We’ll taste everything from traditional to inventive, including a Michelin Bib Gourmand honouree.
Join us as we make a whirlwind tour of Prague’s food, drink, and cultural scene. This is more than just a food tour, this is a chance to get to know the people, the lifestyle, the history, and ups and downs of the city. It’s a cultural excursion set around good food, drink, and conviviality — just as a food tour should be! (Please note that as all food is ordered in advance, we must know of any dietary restrictions at the time of booking. You can notify us in the 'Additional Information' box at checkout or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
We’ll start things out right in a modern bistro with a knack for things homemade. A short walk through an up-and-coming neighbourhood in Prague will show us that even the parts outside the centre are well worth exploring and learning about, and will leave you wanting more food. Not to worry though, because before long we’ll be sitting in a modern classic Czech pub, enjoying a homemade soda or a lager paired with some traditional pub fare from locally sourced ingredients. This boozer is a great place to learn a bit about the history of the region and how seriously we take our beer.
Although we love our pubs dearly, our next place is a mere stone’s throw away and we don’t want to keep it waiting. This restaurant/bakery was awarded the Bib Gourmand in the 2017 Michelin Guide, and they don’t disappoint. With a focus on homemade and homegrown, this place is a paradise for your tastebuds. They play with fermentation, wood-fire baking and roasting, as well as natural foods and herbs. Sound intriguing? You should taste it.
Continuing along the old dusty path (possibly literally), we’ll have ourselves a quick digestif from a family-owned, all-natural distillery whose plums come from the environmentally protected region of the White Carpathians — a real taste of our Moravia region. Our feet will have a short break as we take public transit towards another stunning neighbourhood. There, we’ll have house-roasted coffee and cake at a cosy café before making our way to a beer garden in a park and catching a stunning view of our city that is to die for.
- Ticket for public transportation
- Food-loving and English-speaking local guide
- 8 food and 5 beverage tastings of traditional Czech cuisine at different places where locals like to eat and drink
- Map with personalised recommendations.
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- transportation to/from the meeting and end points
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Prague Food by Foot tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 107 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Prague Food by Foot tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Prague Food by Foot tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
In front of Starbucks café, Thámova street. Nearest metro station is "Křižíkova" on Prague’s metro line B, the yellow subway line.Meeting end point :
Beer garden at Letná Park or Roof-Top bar in the Old Town - both with stunning view of the city of Prague.