- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Learn about everyday life in the Czech Republic from a local guide
- Eat and drink your way through three different stops, with bohemian specialities, and beer or wine included!
- Explore Prague’s Wenceslas square and two alternative neighbourhoods
- Visit hidden gems you likely wouldn't find without a local by your side
Prague is so much more than just its crowded city center, so come with us to places where you can explore without bumping into other people. We have one of the most distinct cultures in Europe - extravagant, political, passionate, and fueled with world-renowned beer. Join this Prague tour and let us take you to all the city's bohemian spots, sampling beer or wine as well as traditional and modern Czech food along the way!
Experience the best travel stories for yourself. Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this city adventure hand-picked by the world's leading travel publisher. Lonely Planet Experiences powered by Urban Adventures bring stories to life in the best-loved cities around the globe.
While Prague’s city centre can be called magical, the rest of the city evades any proper definition. Each district and neighbourhood has its own aura, and we’ll be here to roam with you through areas that are underappreciated (or just never seen) by most travellers.
There is no better place to learn about the Velvet Revolution than the stage on which it occurred: Wenceslas Square. We’ll dive into the stories that marked this turbulent period, spearheaded by students and a chain-smoking Bohemian, who led the country into nationhood.
Afterwards, we’ll quickly shy away from the big streets and find our way into a passage filled with beauty, history, and provocative art before we stop for our first snack, officially kicking off the tasting aspect of the tour with a speciality in a typical Czech bistro.
Now things begin to get even more interesting; hopping on the metro or tram, we’ll leave the centre and begin to explore other neighbourhoods, - Žižkov, Vinohrady or Vršovice, learning about Prague’s less trodden parts and sampling some of the best of what they have to offer. We’ll find our way to a microbrewery to sample some of the best beer around and an incredible local dish that should be on your must-eat list.
Then we set off again, learning about what it means to be Czech (and a Bohemian - just ask your guide!) on the way to a unique café for some traditional dessert. After a short hike to the tram stop, we’ll catch a ride back into the city centre to see a large piece of art from a local artist who has made a name for himself, for better or worse.
- Local English-speaking guide; public transportation during the tour; savoury pastry and a local drink; Czech lunch with a beer
- Wine or soft drink; local dessert with a coffee
- Wine or beer
- Map with personalized recommendations.
- Additional food or drinks during the tour
- tips/gratuities for your guide
- items of a personal nature.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Lonely Planet Experiences: Taste of Local Daily Life tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 75 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Lonely Planet Experiences: Taste of Local Daily Life tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lonely Planet Experiences: Taste of Local Daily Life tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
In front of the statue of the Czech patron saint Wenceslas on top of Wenceslas Square, Prague 1Meeting end point :
Tram stop at Narodni Divadlo, Old Town, Prague 1Lonely Planet extras
- Free access to the Lonely Planet mobile app for one year
- 25% discount on all items in the Lonely Planet Shop