- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit our favourite bistros, restaurants, winebars and cafés and discover the many mouthwatering highlights of Czech cuisine with us
- Admire the most beautiful landmarks and picturesque squares of historical Prague
- Learn from a local foodie about the fascinating history of the dishes you’re eating and the drinks in your hand
- Try traditional dishes such as roast meats, sauces, dumplings and potato pancakes
Explore Prague with all your senses! Experience the treasures of classic Czech cooking alongside bites with a modern twist as you explore the magnificent medieval landmarks of our beautiful capital. Czechs are hedonists who appreciate a hearty meal washed down with that world-famous Czech beer, and your local guide will show you how to do this in style, as the locals do! What are you waiting for? Join us for a foodie adventure through the historical centre of Prague that you won’t forget.
After meeting your friendly local guide in Náměstí Republiky Square, we’ll head straight to our first stop of the day for an exceptional gastronomic experience in a bistro, which we are certain every foodie will appreciate. Would you like to taste sausages, roast meat or potato pancakes in their best form? This is the place to do it. Everything here is prepared according to the good old 1920s recipes, and your chosen dishes will be served to you directly on a tray with a slice of delish Czech dark bread. We’ll wash it down with the most famous of Czech lagers or a homemade lemonade if you prefer.
After filling our bellies with some fine Czech food, it’s time for some sightseeing. Prague is one of Europe’s most beautiful cities, so you are in for a treat! As we walk you’ll learn more about one of the most important historic areas of the city. We will pass through the New Town’s art deco passages, making our way towards the magnificent Old Town. Before we reach the Old Town Square, we’ll take you to a restaurant where you can taste the truest Czech cuisine at its finest. Thanks to our unique location in the heart of Europe, Czech food has been influenced by neighbouring European countries for thousands of years; at this stop you’ll taste the results of this cultural blend on your plate!
As always, we have saved the best for last! We will take a seat in one of the Old Town’s lesser known but fabulous venues to try something sweet and very, very Czech! No, it’s not going to be the Chimney Cake that you see all around the city, but a dessert that is deeply associated with our childhood. There is no better way of ending our foodie adventure around the city, trust us!
After enjoying dessert, we’ll head back towards the tram stop where our tour ends. Before you go, don’t forget to tap up your local guide for tips on what else to see, do and most importantly, eat during your stay in picturesque Prague.
Please note that as all food is ordered in advance, we must be notified of any dietary requirements at the time of your booking. See Dietary Notes section below.
- Food-loving and English-speaking local guide
- 8 food tastings of traditional Czech cuisine and 5 beverages at different places where locals like to eat and drink
- A map with personalised food recommendations.
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- transportation to/from the meeting and end points
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Evening Prague: Traditional Czech Food Tour in Old Town tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 107 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Evening Prague: Traditional Czech Food Tour in Old Town tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Evening Prague: Traditional Czech Food Tour in Old Town tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
In front of the main entrance to the Municipal House (Obecní Dům), Náměsti Republiky 5, Prague 1.View on Google 360°.Meeting end point :
Tram stop Malostranské Náměstí (trams number 12, 15, 20, 22, 23).