- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Take an active adventure through Central Europe, cycling leafy paths from the bohemian centre of Prague to the classical vibe of Vienna.
- Ride alongside the mighty Danube River downstream, passing by romantic riverside castles, picturesque villages and lowland forests surrounding the banks.
- Take the opportunity to head on an optional brewery tour at the original home of Budweiser: Ceske Budejovice.
- Marvel at the spires and dome of Melk Abbey, perched on a rocky outcrop high above the waters of the Danube.
Get your wheels moving on a cycling adventure through the Central European countryside, all the way from picturesque Prague to classic Vienna. This eight-day active trip meanders its way past medieval villages perched on the hillside and hugs the mighty Danube River. With delicious regional food, great wine, and a knowledgeable leader to guide you along the way, you’ll be seeing the best of the region with the wind blowing through your hair.
Krems an der Donau
- Hotel (7 nights)
- 6 Breakfast
- Bicycle , Support vehicle , Train (e-bike option available , subject to availability)
- Orientation walk - Vienna
- Any international flights to Prague and from Vienna are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Prague to Vienna tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 71+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Prague to Vienna tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 22 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycle Prague to Vienna tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Prague to Vienna tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Just as a heads up before you book: this trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
- To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
- On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a back marker.
- As our riding is done mostly on sealed roads and – along the Danube River – dedicated bike paths with the occasional gravel section, there are no technical cycling skills required.
- There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there maybe – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure.
- As there are potholes and cobblestones in many European cities, it's recommended that you leave any wheelie bags/cases at home and bring a backpack instead. As this is an eight-day trip, a large backpack should be enough to carry all of your belongings.
- As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, solo travellers will share a room with other travellers of the same gender. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. Please note that a single supplement is available on this trip. Space is at a premium in Europe and your hotel is no exception. Rooms are often small, but usually the central location makes up for that. For those travelling as a duo, hotels in Europe often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together. In some cases, bathroom facilities will be shared rather than ensuite.
Last modified (date)
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions