- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 9+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Hike in the northern parts of Portugal
- Enjoy Portuguese wine
- Hike through the Douro Valley
- Explore Porto, one of the oldest cities in Europe, with your private guide
Walkthrough scenic valleys covered with rows of vineyards. Enjoy your journey through some of the country's most romantic landscapes. Discover medieval castles, baroque churches, and wineries that produce some of the best wines in Portugal. Meet the locals and learn more about their lives and traditions.
Stroll down the streets of Porto, one of the oldest centers in Europe. Visit some of the city's major landmarks, including Torre dos Clerigos, Livraria Lello e Irmao and Avenida dos Aliados. Travel to Braga, known as the 'Portuguese Rome' for its concentration of religious buildings, including the country's oldest cathedral.
Northern Portugal has a lot of hidden, undiscovered treasures waiting for you to appreciate them. Enjoy this small-group tour along with our personalized service and get to know these places better. Be prepared for surprises along the way.
Day 1: Porto arrival
Day 2: Porto
Day 3: Braga – Guimaraes
Day 4: Walking in the Douro Valley
Day 5: Walking in Sistelo - Arcos de Valdevez
Day 6: Póvoa de Varzim (Portuguese Way of Santiago)
Day 7: Porto Airport
- Pickup and drop-off services
- 6 nights on a twin-room sharing basis
- Breakfast every day
- A guided walking tour of Porto, Braga, Guimaraes and Povoa de Varzim
- A guided walking tours of the Douro Valley
- Wine tasting
- Transfers mentioned on the itinerary
- Professional tour guide
- 2 lunch
- 1 hands-on cooking class
- Flight to and from Portugal
- Airport taxes, security and fuel
- Travel insurance
- Tourist tax
- Drinks and meals not specified on the itinerary
- Entrances other than to places mentioned on the itinerary
- Telephone and personal expenses
- Earn US$ 62+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationAge restrictions: 9 - 70 years old. Please note that a single supplement is compulsory for solo travelers during this tour.