- Wine tasting tour
- Museum and gallery visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover ancient wine cellars
- Walk through quiet countryside
- Explore vibrant Porto
- Visit rural Portugal
Portugal has been making wine for centuries, with some estimates placing the first planting of vines as far back as 2000 BC. The Basto and Douro regions are perhaps the best known and offer rich landscape and history to visitors from around the globe. This walking tour starts in atmospheric Porto and continues a voyage of taste and discovery through the UNESCO World Heritage Douro Valley, where the famous port wines are produced. We also take in the region known as Terras de Basto where Portugal’s ‘young’ wine – vinho verde – is produced. Leisurely walks and cultural visits provide the perfect introduction to this fascinating country, once a dominant world trading power. *Temporary changes due to COVID-security measures.**Last updated: 16th October 2020*At Exodus, we acknowledge our responsibility to have the most up to date information on anything that will affect our customers on holiday and to communicate this to our customers as effectively as possible.Our general global COVID security measures are described in our Travel">https://www.exodus.co.uk/travel-safety-charter">TravelSafety Charter, and changes will be made to these measures as required by the global pandemic situation.However, we also expect there to be requirements, measures and sometimes itinerary changes that apply to certain trips only, and may well be temporary measures. We have highlighted all known changes in the section below.*Entry requirements.*For all trips, having the correct documentation and visa, if required, remains the customer’s responsibility based on their own nationality. We, therefore, encourage all travellers to check entry requirements using the travel advice of their home nation for the relevant destination. For UK passport holders that is https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-adviceThe">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-tra... Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) currently advises against all non-essential travel to Portugal (mainland). Information on local restrictions will be provided and updated in 2021, closer to the time when trips be operational again.
Day 1: Start Hotel Douro Scala in Mesao Frio.
Day 2: Walk along the Corgo river; visit Baroque Casa de Mateus
Day 3: Drive to Quinta do Tedo winery for short walk and wine tasting; visit Douro
museum and transfer to hotel in Regua.
Day 4: Nature walk in the Cabrum Valley; transfer to Mondim de Basto
Day 5: Walk in the green wine region of Mondim de Bastos and taste organically
produced “Vinho Verde” at Quinta das Escomoeiras
Day 6: Walk by the famous Levada do Piscaredo aqueduct to the centre of Mondim de
Basto village; visit the Senhora da Graca shrine.
Day 7: Transfer to Porto; visit the historic town and the famous Porto wine cellars
for wine tasting; optional boat tour and overnight in Porto.
Day 8: End Porto.
- 7 nights 4 and 5-star hotels, all rooms en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 2 dinners and 3 wine tastings
- Travel by private air-conditioned minibus
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Transfers for group flights
- 5 days short gentle walks and 1 free day
- Group normally 6-16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Well marked trails and paths
- Any international flights to/from Porto are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Portugal: Walking & Wine tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 82+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Portugal: Walking & Wine tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 January 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Portugal: Walking & Wine tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Portugal: Walking & Wine tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.