- River cruise
- duration 11 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 2+ years old
- max group size 20
An extraordinary journey designed for culturally curious travelers.
Following the Douro River through Portugal and into Spain, you’ll cruise past steeply terraced hillsides, quaint villages and acres of ripe vineyards. Dine on traditional fare in majestic Coimbra, the birthplace of six Portuguese kings; enjoy private tastings of Port; and explore Porto’s historic Ribeira district, home to iconic rabelo boats, cutting-edge cuisine and a thriving art scene. Wind your way through the dramatic landscapes of the UNESCO-designated Douro Valley, heading ashore to visit charming quintas and meet the winemakers who operate them. In Salamanca, Spain, you’ll see the city’s famous university. Return to Portugal with a visit to the fortified village of Castelo Rodrigo and historic Guimarães. Your journey ends in Lisbon, the city that launched some of the world’s most renowned explorers. There’s no better way to discover Europe’s best-kept secret than this scenic and all-inclusive river cruise!
Day 1: Porto (Embark)
Day 2: Porto, Entre-os-Rios
Day 3: Entre-os-Rios, Régua, Pinhão
Day 4: Pinhão, Pocinho, Vega de Terrón
Day 5: Vega de Terrón (Salamanca), Barca d’Alva
Day 6: Barca d’Alva, Régua
Day 7: Régua (Guimarães), Porto
Day 8: Porto (Disembark), Transfer to Lisbon
Day 9: Lisbon
Day 10: Lisbon
Day 11: Lisbon (Depart)
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the chic S.S. São Gabriel
- 3 nights in Lisbon at the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon (or similar) with breakfast
- Beautifully appointed riverview staterooms and suites with hotel-style beds, draped in fine linens with a choice of pillows
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 10 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- Gala Dinner
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 8 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Do as the Locals Do” program
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- 2 countries: Spain and Portugal
- 6 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment
- Any international flights to Porto and from Lisbon are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Portugal, Spain & the Douro River Valley (2023) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 203+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Portugal, Spain & the Douro River Valley (2023) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 121 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 120 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 October 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 120 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Portugal, Spain & the Douro River Valley (2023) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Portugal, Spain & the Douro River Valley (2023) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.