- duration 11 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 2-99 yrs
- max group size 20
- guiding method
- Tour Code BM-24024
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
Following the Douro River through Portugal and into Spain, you’ll cruise past steeply terraced hillsides, quaint villages and acres of ripe vineyards. Dine on traditional fare in majestic Coimbra, the birthplace of six Portuguese kings; enjoy private tastings of Port; and explore Porto’s historic Ribeira district, home to iconic rabelo boats, cutting-edge cuisine and a thriving art scene. Wind your way through the dramatic landscapes of the UNESCO-designated Douro Valley, heading ashore to visit charming quintas and meet the winemakers who operate them. In Salamanca, Spain, you’ll see the city’s famous university. Return to Portugal with a visit to the fortified village of Castelo Rodrigo and historic Guimarães.
Your journey ends in Lisbon, the city that launched some of the world’s most renowned explorers. There’s no better way to discover Europe’s best-kept secret than this scenic and all-inclusive river cruise!
Day 1: Porto (Embark)
Day 2: Porto, Entre-os-Rios
Day 3: Entre-os-Rios, Régua, Pinhão
Day 4: Pinhão, Pocinho, Vega de Terrón
Day 5: Vega de Terrón (Salamanca), Barca d’Alva
Day 6: Barca d’Alva, Régua
Day 7: Régua (Guimarães), Porto
Day 8: Porto (Disembark), Transfer to Lisbon
Day 9: Lisbon
Day 10: Lisbon
Day 11: Lisbon (Depart)
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the chic S.S. São Gabriel
- 3 nights in Lisbon at the Tivoli Avenida Liberdade (or similar) with breakfast
- Beautifully appointed riverview staterooms and suites with hotel-style beds, draped in fine linens with a choice of pillows
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 10 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- Welcome and Farewell Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- Cruise Ship
- 8 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Do as the Locals Do” program
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- 2 countries: Spain and Portugal
- 6 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- Group Transfers are included on arrival and departure days (please see terms and conditions for transfer guidelines)
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment
- Any international flights to Porto and from Lisbon are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Portugal, Spain & the Douro (2024) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 210+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Portugal, Spain & the Douro (2024) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 121 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 120 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 April 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 April 2023, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 120 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Portugal, Spain & the Douro (2024) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Portugal, Spain & the Douro (2024) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This trip requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 atleast 14 days before embarkation. Young children who are not eligible to be vaccinated will be required to provide a negative PCR or Antigen test result taken within 72 hours of embarkation.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
- What is the best time to go to Portugal?
What are the best places to travel to in Portugal?
The best places to visit in Portugal are going to depend on your preference. If you are into medieval cities, head to Obidos. The town is also popular for its chocolate festival. If you are looking for a relaxed surf town vibe, then Ericeira or Peniche is what you are looking for. For a foodie adventure, Porto will satiate all your culinary desires.
- How many days should you spend in Portugal?
- What is the best way to travel in Portugal?