- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- Art and architecture
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 6+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Oporto: Visit Portugal’s second largest city and indulge in the famous wine produced here.
- Lisbon: Portugal’s capital city is an adventure in itself, offering cultural gems such as fado, culinary treats like pasteis de Belem, and romantic city views.
- Fatima: This fantastic religious pilgrimage spot welcomes up to six million visitors every year.
- Sintra: The UNESCO World Heritage Site is perhaps one of the most stunning spots in all of Europe. Explore its colourful castle, impressive architectural gems, and verdant surroundings.
Join this perfectly created, eight-day self-drive tour and discover the real Portugal from head to toe. Begin with exploring Oporto, an exquisite UNESCO World Heritage site, famous for its rich history and the sweet, flavourful Porto wine. Catch a glimpse of Fatima, an important centre of pilgrimage, visit the beautiful Monastery in Batalha and the majestic Convent in Mafra. Then, adventure yourself into Portugal´s bustling capital, Lisbon. Visit its main landmarks such as Jeronimos Monastery, Belem Tower, the Discoveries Monument or Sao Jorge Castle, and stroll the beautifully arranged alleys of Alfama and Bairro Alto. Continue your journey by visiting Sintra and stop at Cabo da Roca, the most western point in Europe. End your trip in captivating Algarve, on the extreme South of Portugal.
Day 1: Arrival Oporto
Day 2: Oporto
Day 3: Oporto – Lisbon (345km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 4: Lisbon
Day 5: Lisbon – Lagos (305km– 3.5 Hrs)
Day 6: Lagos
Day 7: Lagos
Day 8: Lagos - Depart Faro
- 7 nights on a bed-and-breakfast basis in mentioned hotels
- 7 Breakfast
- 3 Dinners: on days 1, 3 and 5
- Car Rental (includes: Unlimited Mileage, Road Assistance 24 hours, Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), subject to an excess, road tax & VAT)
- Meet and greet on day 1
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, laundry, drinks and meals not stated explicitly in the programme, including drinks during meals
- Tour guide
- Tips and porterage
- Airport service fee
- Any charges not mentioned in the included items
- International flights
- All types of travel or personal insurance
- Fuel, Fines, Tolls, Parking
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Portugal North And South, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Portugal North And South, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Portugal North And South, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.