- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover Lisbon and Porto, two of the most charming cities in Europe
- Stay in premium accommodation and try delicious local cuisine
- Enjoy coastal rides and relax by the sea
Blessed with sun-kissed beaches, colourful and vibrant fishing villages and scenic routes, the Atlantic Coast of Portugal offers some fantastic cycling holiday opportunities. This tour starts in Porto, a UNESCO World Heritage city and the itinerary follows relatively easy flat or undulating cycling trails through a variety of landscapes and along the stunning coastline, with stops in different villages and towns for a full immersion in the relaxed Portuguese way of life. Highlights include a scenic ride through the dunes of the Sao Jacinto Natural Reserve and an overnight in the picture-perfect fortified village of Obidos. After a week of cycling along some of the best coastline of Portugal, a full day is dedicated to the visit of Lisbon, one of the most charming capital cities in the world.
Start Porto; afternoon orientation tour and guided wine tasting at a Port
Gentle coastal ride to the seaside town of Furadouro, renowned for its
excellent fish. Free time to explore the lively town or relax at the beach.
Cycle to Mira via the protected Natural Reserve of the São Jacinto dunes; en
route visit to the pretty coastal town of Costa Nova.
Follow the Portuguese Silver Coast and ride to Figuera da Foz.
Coastal ride to the village of Sao Pedro do Moel; free time to relax by the
beach or explore the town.
Cycle to the famous town of Nazaré, where some of the highest waves in the
world are recorded annually; pedal to Óbidos, a stunning fortified mediaeval
Private transfer to Lisbon. Free day for individual sightseeing.
Day 8: End Lisbon.
- 7 nights 4-star hotels, all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 1 wine tasting and 1 dinner
- 8 days land only / flight inclusive
- 5 days cycling with full vehicle support (limited seats)
- London flights (if booking incl. flights)
- Airport transfers for group flights
- Group normally 5‐16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- 90% tarmac roads and cycle paths, 10% unpaved trails
- Mix of flat riding and some hills throughout
- Local bike hire included
- E-bike hire available on request
- All accommodation
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Porto and from Lisbon are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Porto to Lisbon Atlantic Ride tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 72+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Porto to Lisbon Atlantic Ride tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 205 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 20 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Porto to Lisbon Atlantic Ride tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Porto to Lisbon Atlantic Ride tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.