- Bicycle tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover Lisbon and Porto, two of the most charming cities in Europe
- Stay in premium accommodation and try delicious local cuisine
- Enjoy coastal rides and relax by the sea
Blessed with sun-kissed beaches, colourful and vibrant fishing villages and scenic routes, the Atlantic Coast of Portugal offers some fantastic cycling holiday opportunities. This tour starts in Porto, a UNESCO World Heritage city, and the itinerary follows relatively easy flat or undulating cycling trails through a variety of landscapes and along the stunning coastline, with stops in different villages and towns for a full immersion in the relaxed Portuguese way of life. Highlights include a scenic ride through the dunes of the Sao Jacinto Natural Reserve and an overnight stay in the picture-perfect fortified village of Obidos. After a week of cycling along some of the best coastline of Portugal, a full day is dedicated to the visit of Lisbon, one of the most charming capital cities in the world. *Temporary changes due to COVID-security measures.**Last updated: 16th October 2020*At Exodus, we acknowledge our responsibility to have the most up to date information on anything that will affect our customers on holiday and to communicate this to our customers as effectively as possible.Our general global COVID security measures are described in our Travel">https://www.exodus.co.uk/travel-safety-charter">TravelSafety Charter, and changes will be made to these measures as required by the global pandemic situation.However, we also expect there to be requirements, measures and sometimes itinerary changes that apply to certain trips only, and may well be temporary measures. We have highlighted all known changes in the section below.*Entry requirements.*For all trips, having the correct documentation and visa, if required, remains the customer’s responsibility based on their own nationality. We, therefore, encourage all travellers to check entry requirements using the travel advice of their home nation for the relevant destination. For UK passport holders that is https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-adviceThe">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-tra... Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) currently advises against all non-essential travel to Portugal (mainland). Information on local restrictions will be provided and updated in 2021, closer to the time when trips be operational again.
Day 1: Start Porto; afternoon orientation tour and guided wine tasting at a Port
Day 2: Gentle coastal ride to historic Ovar via the lively seaside town of
Day 3: Cycle to Mira via the protected Natural Reserve of the São Jacinto dunes; en
route visit to the pretty coastal town of Costa Nova.
Day 4: Follow the Portuguese Silver Coast and ride to Figuera da Foz.
Day 5: Coastal ride to the village of Sao Pedro do Moel; free time to relax by the
beach or explore the town.
Day 6: Cycle to the famous town of Nazaré, where some of the highest waves in the
world are recorded annually; pedal to Óbidos, a stunning fortified mediaeval
Day 7: Private transfer to Lisbon. Free day for individual sightseeing.
Day 8: End Lisbon.
- 7 nights 4-star hotels , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 1 wine tasting
- 8 days land only / flight inclusive
- 5 days cycling with full vehicle support (limited seats)
- London flights (if booking incl. flights)
- Group normally 5‐16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- 90% tarmac roads and cycle paths, 10% unpaved trails
- A mix of flat riding and some hills throughout
- Local bike hire included
- E-bike hire available on request
- All accommodation
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Porto and from Lisbon are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Porto to Lisbon Atlantic Ride tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Porto to Lisbon Atlantic Ride tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 July 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Porto to Lisbon Atlantic Ride tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Porto to Lisbon Atlantic Ride tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.