Travel through charming Porto, the capital of the north and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Walk through the capital of Lisbon and wonder at the historic monuments of the capital. Immerse yourself in history, culture, and indulge in delicious regional wine. Explore the Douro Valley and see Lisbon's surrounding area including Sintra, Cascais, and Estoril
Day 1: Porto Arrival
Day 2: Porto Highlights & Cruise
Day 3: Douro Valley
Day 4: Porto To Lisbon
Day 5: Lisbon Highlights
Day 6: Cascais, Estoril & Sintra
Day 7: Lisbon At Your Own Pace
Day 8: Lisbon Departure
- 3-nights in Porto based on a 4-star hotel
- 4-nights in Lisbon based on a 4-star hotel
- Daily breakfast
- Small-group tour of the Douro Valley with a river cruise, lunch, and wine tasting
- All airport and train station private transfers
- Small-group full-day guided tour of Porto with 6 Bridges Cruise
- High-speed train from Porto to Lisbon in First-Class
- Small-group half-day tour of Lisbon
- Small-group half-day tour of Sintra, Cascais, and Estoril
- International or domestic airfare
- Gratuities to guides and drivers
- Travel insurance
- Additional meals when not mentioned on the itinerary
- Entrance fees to monuments or museums when not mentioned on the itinerary
- Local city tax for overnight stays
- Visas required for entry into the country as necessary
- Anything of a personal nature or that is not mentioned in included
- Earn US$ 52+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Portugal tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 March 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 March 2023, a deposit of 375 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Portugal tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Portugal tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
- What is the best time to go to Portugal?
What are the best places to travel to in Portugal?
The best places to visit in Portugal are going to depend on your preference. If you are into medieval cities, head to Obidos. The town is also popular for its chocolate festival. If you are looking for a relaxed surf town vibe, then Ericeira or Peniche is what you are looking for. For a foodie adventure, Porto will satiate all your culinary desires.
- How many days should you spend in Portugal?
- What is the best way to travel in Portugal?