- duration 8 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 18-95 yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method
- Tour Code BM-18221
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Intoxicating getaway between vineyards and the river
- Heritage, flavors, dances and traditional songs
- Fado, flamenco, and traditional evenings on board
Portugal and Spain will unveil their treasures along a unique cruise over the Douro. Discover Porto, a city full of charm where its heritage is perfectly combined with the modern, cosmopolitan and intimate at the same time. You will visit the charming city of Lamego where breath-taking landscapes of green hills offer an interesting change of scenery. You will also discover Guimarães and its fascinating stories that are reflected in the many monuments and historic buildings surrounding the town.
Day 1 : Porto
Day 2 : Porto - Regua
Day 3 : Regua - Vega De Terron
Day 4 : Barca D'alva - Salamanca
Day 5 : Barca D'alva - Ferradosa - Pinhao
Day 6 : Pinhao - Porto
Day 7 : Porto
Day 8 : Porto
- Occupancy cabin with shower in bathroom
- Your cruise with all meals from dinner the first evening to breakfast on the final day
- Gala dinner
- Onboard drinks included (except for drinks from our special lists)
- Assistance from our onboard multi
- Welcome cocktail
- Onboard entertainment
- Flamenco, Fado and traditional folk entertainment
- Travel assistance and repatriation insurance
- All port fees.
- Drinks from our special lists, or drinks ordered during excursions or transfers
- Cancellation and baggage insurance
- Optional excursions (must be reserved and paid for on board or at travel agency)
- Transfers/travel to and from departure/arrival points
- Personal expenses.
- Earn US$ 46+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
By adopting the “French chic” spirit, the ship’s design emphasizes elegant and graph...View Ship Details
Named after the famous Portuguese navigator (better known as Magellan) who completed the f...View Ship Details
Welcome on board the MS Infante Don Henrique! Renovated in 2014, the interior is nicely de...View Ship Details
Named after the famous Portuguese navigator, Gil Eanes is a Premium three-deck ship specia...View Ship Details
Built and inaugurated in 2017, this ship highlights the famous wines and architecture of P...View Ship Details
The MS Elbe Princesse II, joining its identical sister ship - Elbe Princesse - was inaugur...View Ship Details
This ship’s interior pays homage to the Queen of Fado, Amalia Rodrigues, the famous Port...View Ship Details
No additional cancellation fees apply for this From Portugal to Spain: Porto, the Douro Valley (Portugal) and Salamanca (Spain) (port-to-port cruise) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 March 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 March 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 89 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
From Portugal to Spain: Porto, the Douro Valley (Portugal) and Salamanca (Spain) (port-to-port cruise) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this From Portugal to Spain: Porto, the Douro Valley (Portugal) and Salamanca (Spain) (port-to-port cruise) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Tour Packages
The From Portugal to Spain: Porto, the Douro Valley (Portugal) and Salamanca (Spain) (port-to-port cruise) tour offers two separate excursion packages, DISCOVERY and CLASSIC, which are not included in the price and must be paid for separately. You have the option of purchasing either one of the packages once your booking has been confirmed.
Please note that you can also purchase these packages onboard, but at higher prices. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
- What is the best time to go to Portugal?
What are the best places to travel to in Portugal?
The best places to visit in Portugal are going to depend on your preference. If you are into medieval cities, head to Obidos. The town is also popular for its chocolate festival. If you are looking for a relaxed surf town vibe, then Ericeira or Peniche is what you are looking for. For a foodie adventure, Porto will satiate all your culinary desires.
- How many days should you spend in Portugal?
- What is the best way to travel in Portugal?