- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 8
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover the "Cradle of Portugal" during this guided tour of Guimaraes and Braga
- See the Chapel of Saint Michael where Portugal's first king was baptized
- Visit Praca da Republica in Braga & admire the beautiful facade of Igreja dos Congregados
Also see the Chapel of Saint Michael where he was baptized, and discover the Palace of the Dukes of Braganza. Continue to the Church of Our Lady of Consolation (Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Oliveira) and the Holy Steps. Then, head out to the favourite meeting point of the locals, Praca da Oliveira. Marvel at the UNESCO-listed monuments in the historic centre of the city, including the beautiful town hall.
Venture down one of the oldest streets of Guimaraes, Rua de Santa Maria, and contemplate the grandeur of the Convent of Santa Clara before pausing to soak up the city's youthful vibe in Praca de Santiago. Continue to the old city of Braga in the afternoon. Visit Praca da Republica and admire the unique facade of Igreja dos Congregados. Discover the House of Riddles and the famous Cafe A Brasileira. Travel to the fortified tower of Torre de Menagem and see the 18th-century Largo do Paco fountain. Admire the cathedral that survived many earthquakes to emerge as one of Portugal's most important monuments.
Travel to Monte do Bom Jesus, which is located six kilometres away from the city center, and see the Sanctuary of Bom Jesus de Braga, one of the most famous religious sanctuaries in Portugal. Leave Braga as the sun begins to set and head for Porto, where we will drop you off at your hotel or accommodation.
Please note that entrance fees to the sites are not included in the tour price and have to be paid by the travellers themselves.
- Pickup and drop-off. Transport provided by private mini van
- Experienced driver/guide available in the following languages: English, French, Portuguese & Spanish
- Entrance fees to the monuments mentioned on the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.