- duration 3.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 21+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the past and present of Portland’s craft brewing culture
- Ride through quieter neighborhood streets, into industrial areas on the edges of golf courses and parks
- Select beer samples from the finest expressions of more than a dozen styles of beer
- Bike from one great brewery to the next
Hop on a bike, join an expert local guide, and get ready to discover some of Portland’s best craft breweries. Feel the breeze on your face as you ride through some of the city’s prettiest neighborhoods, stopping for beer samples along the way, while also learning all about Portland’s extensive craft brewing history.
Meet your local guide at the bike shop to be fitted for a comfortable, well-maintained city bike and helmet, where you will have an opportunity to tell your guide about your beer experiences, good and bad. Love sours? Prefer IPAs? This is your chance to help set the tone of the tour.
Once you have been fitted, your guide will lead you into the tree-lined streets of inner SE Portland for a ride through some of the prettiest residential neighborhoods and into an industrial district. While stops can vary due to changes in brewery hours and the opening of new hot spots, the first stop is in this industrial neighborhood wedged between golf courses and parks. At the first brewery, have a chance to try one of Portland’s most classic IPAs – a style brought back into vogue in the 1980s by breweries nearby – as well as stouts, saisons, and lagers. Learn how Portland’s brewing scene got its start in the mid-1800s, and how it had an entirely new start in the 1980s.
You will also discover why Portland is such a great place, both geographically and climatically, for delicious beer.
After two samples each, your group will be back on their bikes heading into a brewery closer to the restaurant hotbed of Division Street. Here you will be introduced to the newer generation of Portland’s breweries; in the past half-decade, the city has seen an explosion of new breweries based on clean aesthetics, great ingredients, and a passion for creativity. Explore an entirely new style of beer or try samples from your favorites; either way, prepare to be delighted by the creativity and skills of the brewmaster.
Another brief bike ride will take you to a Central Eastside brewery that is fast becoming a Portland classic. Your guide may suggest you try the shop favorite, as well as ordering some snacks to tide you over until dinner. At the final stop, take a few minutes to learn more about the brewing process, and more importantly, why beer straight from these taps is better than most taverns and bottle shops.
It’s just an easy, mostly downhill ride back to the shop after this. All in all, ride seven to nine miles (11 to 15 km) with very moderate hills, with two generous tastings at three Portland breweries.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Beer samples at each brewery
- Snacks at one brewery
- Use of bicycle and helmet.
- Tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Craft Breweries of Portland’s Eastside Bike Tour tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Craft Breweries of Portland’s Eastside Bike Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Craft Breweries of Portland’s Eastside Bike Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
1210 SE 7th Avenue, at the Around Portland Tours bike shop, on 7th Avenue between Salmon and Main Streets.Meeting end point :
1210 SE 7th Avenue, Around Portland Tours bike shoCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.