- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Encounter the cargo cult communities of Tanna and see for yourself how these indigenous villages have incorporated WWII iconography into their religious traditions.
- Hike to the rim of Mt Yasur, one of the world’s most active volcanoes, and watch the smoke and lava billowing (from a safe distance, of course).
- Snorkel in the clear waters around Nguna and see the remarkable coral reef that is protected as part of a marine reserve.
- Go beyond the walledoff resorts and discover the beauty and cultures of Vanuatu. Trek, paddle, swim and snorkel in some of the most beautiful places in the tropics.
Encounter raw beauty and vibrant culture on the tiny islands of Vanuatu on this eight-day expedition. Leave the resorts of Port Vila behind and fly to rainforest-rich islands where you can meet locals, immerse yourself in nature and enjoy true adventure travel. Encounter communities where kastom – traditional culture and law – still rules, including the legendary John Frum 'cargo cult' villages. Snorkel among the gorgeous coral reef that is protected by law. Trek through towering greenery and learn about living among active volcanoes and tropical wilderness. Embrace a side of Vanuatu that few tourists seek out, but one that those who do will never forget.
Port Vila – Rentapao River
Tanna – Mt Yasur
Tanna – Port Vila
Nguna Island – Port Vila
- Hotel (4 nights), Beach bungalow (2 nights), Guesthouse (1 night)
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Boat , Plane
- An expert tour leader
- Rentapao River - Kayaking
- Rentapao River - Rentapao Cascades
- Rentapao River - French-style lunch
- Tanna - Rainforest trek
- Tanna - World's largest banyan tree
- Tanna - Mt Yasur
- Tanna - Kastom village visit
- Tanna - Rainforest & John Frum cargo cult villages trek
- Tanna - Port Resolution
- Tanna - Hot Springs
- Nguna Island - Snorkelling
- Nguna Island - Tree planting activity
- Nguna Island - Taloa Village visit
- Emua Village - Beachfront lunch
- Any international flights to/from Port Vila are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Vanuatu Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 95 today.
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vanuatu Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 December 2021, a deposit of 99 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Vanuatu Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vanuatu Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Your accommodation in Tanna and Nguna is in traditional bamboo bungalows. These have standard beds with mosquito nets and bathroom facilities, but showers are cold water only. Your meals on these islands will be home-cooked with love by the village mamas using fresh, organic produce from the gardens and the sea.
- Part of travelling with Intrepid is respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. In Vanuatu, female travellers can be respectful by wearing clothing that covers from shoulder to knee when outside the hotel pool area. An old t-shirt and a pair of board shorts are a good alternative to bikinis for island snorkelling adventures!
- This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
The Intrepid Foundation
Your fellow travellers