- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-33815
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in ENGLISH
- Encounter the cargo cult communities of Tanna and see for yourself how these indigenous villages have incorporated WWII iconography into their religious traditions.
- Hike to the rim of Mt Yasur, one of the world’s most active volcanoes, and watch the smoke and lava billowing (from a safe distance, of course).
- Snorkel in the clear waters around Nguna & Pele and see the remarkable coral reef that is protected as part of a marine reserve.
- Go beyond the walledoff resorts and discover the beauty and cultures of Vanuatu. Hike, paddle, swim and snorkel in some of the most beautiful places in the tropics.
- Walk through the towering rainforest to find a banyan tree that is said to be the largest in the world, with hundreds of prop roots that support it.
Encounter raw beauty and vibrant culture on the tiny islands of Vanuatu on this eight-day expedition. Leave the resorts of Port Vila behind and fly to rainforest-rich islands where you can meet locals, immerse yourself in nature and enjoy true adventure travel. Encounter communities where kastom – traditional culture and law – still rules, including the legendary John Frum 'cargo cult' villages. Snorkel among the gorgeous coral reef that is protected by law. Trek through towering greenery and learn about living among active volcanoes and tropical wilderness. Embrace a side of Vanuatu that few tourists seek out, but one that those who do will never forget.
Day 1: Port Vila
Day 2: Port Vila – Rentapao River
Day 3: Tanna
Day 4: Tanna – Mt Yasur
Day 5: Tanna – Port Vila
Day 6: Pele & Nguna Islands
Day 7: Pele & Nguna Island – Port Vila
Day 8: Port Vila
- Hotel (4 nights), Beachside bungalow (3 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Boat , Plane
- An expert tour leader
- Rentapao River - Kayak tour
- Rentapao River - Rentapao Cascades
- Tanna - Rainforest trek
- Tanna - World's largest banyan tree
- Tanna - Mt Yasur volcano crater trek
- Tanna - John Frum cargo cult villages community visit
- Tanna - Hot Springs
- Tanna - Port Resolution
- Tanna - Kastom village community visit
- Nguna Island - Community conservation area walk
- Nguna Island - Tree planting activity
- Pele Island - Lagoon or Marine Conservation Area snorkelling
- Any international flights to/from Port Vila are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Vanuatu Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Save US$ 127 today.
- Earn US$ 84+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vanuatu Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 May 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 May 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Vanuatu Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vanuatu Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- Your accommodation on Tanna and Pele is in traditional bamboo bungalows. These have standard beds with mosquito nets and bathroom facilities, but showers are cold water only. Your meals on these islands will be home-cooked with love by the village mamas using fresh, organic produce from the gardens and the sea.
- Part of travelling with Intrepid is respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. In Vanuatu, female travellers can be respectful by wearing clothing that covers from shoulder to knee when outside the hotel pool area. An old t-shirt and a pair of board shorts are a good alternative to bikinis for island snorkelling adventures!
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.