- duration days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 17+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Birders venture into the thicket to search for island endemics, and the warm inviting waters of the Coral Sea offer a perfect introduction to the undersea wonders on your first snorkel or dive excursion of many to come.
- Enjoy exceptional snorkeling throughout this voyage
- Search for rare species of birds and island endemics with our experienced ornithologist.
- The traditional Trobriand islanders of Kuyawa and view energetic, timehonored dances that celebrate fishing and the seasonal yam harvest
We observe the spectacular fire dances of the Baining tribe, where men don huge symbolic masks and leap over flames to the hypnotic beat of a bamboo band. There are opportunities to snorkel or dive among dazzling tropical fish and colorful corals—these waters are some of the most biodiverse in the world.We will step ashore on the legendary Trobriand Islands, dubbed “The Islands of Love,” and witness the islanders’ unique dances and uninhibited friendliness. Enjoy numerous nature walks and Zodiac cruises along the way which reveal stunning scenery, pristine beaches, and luxuriant tropical landscapes.Visit Fergusson Island, the largest island of the archipelago, notable for its hot springs, bubbling mud pools, spouting geysers, and extinct volcanoes.
Day 1: Arrive in Port Moresby
Day 2: Today join a tour of Port Moresby, visiting the National Museum and Art
Day 3: Be on deck as the ship traces the coast of Papua New Guinea, to observe the
peaks of the dramatic Stanley Owens Range that soar to 13,000 feet.
Day 4: Today visit Fergusson Island, the largest island of the group.
Day 5: This morning, visit with the traditional Trobriand islanders of Kuyawa.
Day 6: Discover the dramatic beauty of the rarely-visited Tufi Fjords.
Day 7: Today, visit the picturesque village of Lababia, gateway to one of the most
important conservation areas in Papua New Guinea.
Day 8: The people of Tami Island are renowned for their elaborated carved bowls,
religious figures, and ceremonial masks.
Day 9: Madang is famed for its beautiful waterfront setting.
Day 10: Kopar is situated on the mouth of the Sepik River.
Day 11: Alim Island is a small, uninhabited island that is home to a large colony of
Day 12: Completely encircled by an oblong reef, few passenger vessels are able to
visit this small group of islands.
Day 13: Six cone-shaped volcanoes, some of which are still active, ring Rabaul’s
dramatic flooded-caldera harbor.
Day 14-15: Disembark this morning and board your flight to Cairns, Australia.
- All accommodations
- All onboard meals and group meals ashore, including soft drinks, beer, and wine with lunch and dinner
- Daily activity options including Zodiac cruises, snorkeling, nature walks, and cultural tours
- 17 Days
- Small-Ship Cruise
- 100 Guests
- All gratuities
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- Arrival and departure transfers on group dates
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear
- Medical expense coverage and emergency evacuation insurance
- Any international flights to Port Moresby and from Cairns are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Papua New Guinea: Adventure Cruise tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Papua New Guinea: Adventure Cruise tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Papua New Guinea: Adventure Cruise tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.