- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- Hike up Table Mountain
- Challenge yourself on the Alexandria Trail
- Go on a safari in Addo National Park
- Explore vibrant Cape Town
From shifting sand dunes to woodlands and fynbos shrublands, South Africa’s Garden Route displays a wild beauty waiting to be explored on foot. Savage oceans crash on shore as whales swim past off the coast (in season) and penguins frolic in the surf. Inland elephants and lions roam Addo National Park, whilst further west endless rows of vines stretch out and Table Mountain towers over the Mother City, Cape Town. We roam coastal trails and forests, wander up gorges and go on safari as we explore some of the best reserves and parks of the Cape region.
Day 1: Arrive Port Elizabeth, transfer to Addo N.P.
Day 2: Game drives in Addo N.P.
Day 3: Start the Alexandria Trail.
Day 4: Continue on the trail through the Alexandria sand dunes; on to Tsitsikamma
Day 5: Hike in Tsitsikamma N.P. before moving on to Plettenberg Bay.
Day 6: Free day with optional beach walks or boat rides through Featherbed Nature
Day 7: Drive to Swellendam; hike in the Marolth Nature Reserve.
Day 8: Drive to De Hoop; hike along the whale trail.
Day 9: To Cape Town, stopping in the famous winelands of Stellenbosch on the way.
Day 10: Hike up Skeleton Gorge to Table Mountain.
Day 11: Hike from Smitswinkelbay to Cape Point.
Day 12-13: Two days spent exploring Cape Town.
Day 14: End Cape Town.
- 10 nights hotels, chalets and lodge, mostly en suite, 2 nights permanent tented camp, one night hut , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- 7 days walking
- Varied terrain including sand dunes
- Altitude max 1195m, average 450m
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Port Elizabeth are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Africa: Trails of the Garden Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 133 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 14 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
South Africa: Trails of the Garden Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Africa: Trails of the Garden Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.