- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hike up Table Mountain
- Challenge yourself on the Alexandria Trail
- Go on a safari in Addo National Park
- Explore vibrant Cape Town
From shifting sand dunes to woodlands and fynbos shrublands, South Africa’s Garden Route displays a wild beauty waiting to be explored on foot. Savage oceans crash on shore as whales swim past off the coast (in season) and penguins frolic in the surf. Inland elephants and lions roam Addo National Park, whilst further west endless rows of vines stretch out and Table Mountain towers over the Mother City, Cape Town. We roam coastal trails and forests, wander up gorges and go on safari as we explore some of the best reserves and parks of the Cape region.
Day 1: Arrive Port Elizabeth, transfer to Addo N.P.
Day 2: Game drives in Addo N.P.
Day 3: Start the Alexandria Trail.
Day 4: Continue on the trail through the Alexandria sand dunes; on to Tsitsikamma
Day 5: Hike in Tsitsikamma N.P. before moving on to Plettenberg Bay.
Day 6: Free day with optional beach walks or boat rides through Featherbed Nature
Day 7: Drive to Swellendam; hike in the Marolth Nature Reserve.
Day 8: Drive to De Hoop; hike along the whale trail.
Day 9: To Cape Town, stopping in the famous winelands of Stellenbosch on the way.
Day 10: Hike up Skeleton Gorge to Table Mountain.
Day 11: Hike from Smitswinkelbay to Cape Point.
Day 12-13: Two days spent exploring Cape Town.
Day 14: End Cape Town.
- 10 nights hotels, chalets and lodge, mostly en suite, 2 nights permanent tented camp, one night hut , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 7 days walking
- Varied terrain including sand dunes
- Altitude max 1195m, average 450m
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Port Elizabeth and from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Africa: Trails of the Garden Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 142+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Africa: Trails of the Garden Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 January 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Africa: Trails of the Garden Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Africa: Trails of the Garden Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.