Cape Town & the Garden Route
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Food tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-11584
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- See wildlife, including elephants, lions, penguins and whales (in season)
- Experience culture from quaint communities to cosmopolitan Cape Town and nearby wineries
- Enjoy the spectacular Garden Route scenery
- Explore diverse nature from the forests of Tsitsikamma to the drylands of the Little Karoo
This journey brings us from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town following the famous Garden Route. Along the way, we see fantastic wildlife, beautiful beaches, rainforests, deep canyons, rolling hills, endless vineyards, quaint towns, vibrant cities and one of the most spectacular coastlines on the planet. In season (August to November), this is also the best place on Earth to watch whales from the shoreline.
Day 1: Start Port Elizabeth; transfer to Sundays River Valley
Day 2: Game drives in Addo National Park
Day 3: Drive to Storms River; explore Tsitsikamma
Day 4: Free day to relax, walk or explore the region
Day 5: Morning visit Knysna Heads; afternoon to Oudtshoorn
Day 6: Visit Cango Caves and Meiringspoort Waterfall
Day 7: To Hermanus via Mossel Bay
Day 8: Free day; whale watching in season
Day 9: To wine region; afternoon wine tour and on to Cape Town
Day 10 - 11: Two days exploring Cape Town, Table Mountain, the Cape Peninsula and Simon's Town penguins
Day 12: End Cape Town
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 101+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cape Town & the Garden Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 June 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 June 2023, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cape Town & the Garden Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cape Town & the Garden Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How many days are enough for South Africa?
We suggest you spend at least 10 days in South Africa but if you can spare 14 or even 21 days, you will find more than enough to keep you busy. For more information, check out our guide on how many days to spend in South Africa.
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.
What is the best month to go to South Africa?
September is widely considered the best time to visit South Africa. Springtime is blissful down south with near-perfect weather all around the country.