- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- age_requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Wildlife from elephants and lions to penguins and whales (in season)
- Culture from quaint towns to cosmopolitan Cape Town and nearby wineries
- Scenery along the one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world
- Diverse nature from the forests of Tsitsikamma to the drylands of the Little Karoo.
This journey brings us from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town following the famous Garden Route. Along the way we take in fantastic wildlife, beautiful beaches, rainforests, deep canyons, rolling hills, endless vineyards, quaint towns, vibrant cities, and one of the most spectacular coastlines in the world. This trip takes in the best of one of South Africa’s greatest regions, packing in surprising diversity. In season (August-November) this is also the best place on Earth to watch whales right from the shoreline.
Day 1: Start Port Elizabeth; transfer to Sundays River Valley.
Day 2: Game drives in Addo N.P.
Day 3: Drive to Storms River; explore Tsitsikamma.
Day 4: Free day to relax, walk or explore the region.
Day 5: Morning visit Knysna Heads; afternoon to Oudtshoorn.
Day 6: Visit Cango Caves and Meiringspoort Waterfall.
Day 7: To Hermanus via Mossel Bay.
Day 8: Free day; whale watching in season.
Day 9: To wine region; afternoon wine tour and on to Cape Town.
Day 10-11: Two days exploring Cape Town, Table Mountain, the Cape Peninsula and
Day 12: End Cape Town.
- 11 nights hotels and guest houses. , All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- Travel by private minibus
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- No long drives
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Port Elizabeth and from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cape Town & the Garden Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 96+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cape Town & the Garden Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cape Town & the Garden Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cape Town & the Garden Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.