- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Wildlife from elephants and lions to penguins and whales (in season)
- Culture from quaint towns to cosmopolitan Cape Town and nearby wineries
- Scenery along the one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world
- Diverse nature from the forests of Tsitsikamma to the drylands of the Little Karoo.
This journey brings us from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town following the famous Garden Route. Along the way we take in fantastic wildlife, beautiful beaches, rainforests, deep canyons, rolling hills, endless vineyards, quaint towns, vibrant cities, and one of the most spectacular coastlines in the world. This trip takes in the best of one of South Africa’s greatest regions, packing in surprising diversity. In season (August-November) this is also the best place on Earth to watch whales right from the shoreline.
Day 1: Start Port Elizabeth; transfer to Sundays River Valley.
Day 2: Game drives in Addo N.P.
Day 3: Drive to Storms River; explore Tsitsikamma.
Day 4: Free day to relax, walk or explore the region.
Day 5: Morning visit Knysna Heads; afternoon to Oudtshoorn.
Day 6: Visit Cango Caves and Meiringspoort Waterfall.
Day 7: To Hermanus via Mossel Bay.
Day 8: Free day; whale watching in season.
Day 9: To wine region; afternoon wine tour and on to Cape Town.
Day 10-11: Two days exploring Cape Town, Table Mountain, the Cape Peninsula and
Day 12: End Cape Town.
- 11 nights hotels and guest houses. , All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- Travel by private minibus
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- No long drives
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Port Elizabeth and from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cape Town & the Garden Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 87+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cape Town & the Garden Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 248 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 13 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cape Town & the Garden Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cape Town & the Garden Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.