- Food tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Wildlife from elephants and lions to penguins and whales (in season)Culture from quaint towns to cosmopolitan Cape Town and nearby wineries
This journey brings us from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town following the famous Garden Route. Along the way we take in fantastic wildlife, beautiful beaches, rainforests, deep canyons, rolling hills, endless vineyards, quaint towns, vibrant cities, and one of the most spectacular coastlines in the world. This trip takes in the best of one of South Africa’s greatest regions, packing in surprising diversity. In season (August-November) this is also the best place on Earth to watch whales right from the shoreline.
Day 1: Start Port Elizabeth; transfer to Sundays River Valley.
Day 2: Game drives in Addo N.P.
Day 3: Drive to Storms River; explore Tsitsikamma.
Day 4: Free day to relax, walk or explore the region.
Day 5: Morning visit Knysna Heads; afternoon to Oudtshoorn.
Day 6: Visit Cango Caves and Meiringspoort Waterfall.
Day 7: To Hermanus via Mossel Bay.
Day 8: Free day; whale watching in season.
Day 9: To wine region; afternoon wine tour and on to Cape Town.
Day 10-11: Two days exploring Cape Town, Table Mountain, the Cape Peninsula and
Day 12: End Cape Town.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Port Elizabeth and from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cape Town & the Garden Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 104+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cape Town & the Garden Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 March 2022, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cape Town & the Garden Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cape Town & the Garden Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.