- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- Five wonderful daywalks through Tuscany's idyllic mountains
- Challenging walks on certain weeks
- Stay in a beautifully situated Tuscan farmhouse with swimming pool
- Opportunity to visit Lucca on the free day
The Garfagnana region, close to the gems of Lucca, Pisa and Florence, is one of Italy's best-kept secrets and the perfect base for guided walking holidays in Tuscany. The area’s astonishing landscape is a far cry from the rolling hills of southern Tuscany as it lies between the striking peaks of the Alpi Apuane and Apennine mountain ranges, providing us with ample hiking opportunities which, along with picturesque mountaintop and lakeside villages and the warm local hospitality, make for a wonderful trip. Certain dates include more challenging trekking and incorporate one night in a mountain refuge.
Day 1: Start Braccicorti
Day 2: Transfer to the village of Pruno; walk through the Orecchiella N.P. to Pania
di Corfino; descend via 16th century Campiana village. (Activity Level 3)
Day 3: Apuane National Park to Monte Sumbra. (Activity Level 3)
Day 4: Circular walk from Braccicorti to mediaeval market town Castiglione di
Garfagnana. (Activity Level 3)
Day 5: Free day to visit Lucca, the Cinque Terre, Florence or Pisa.
Day 6: Campocatino and San Viviano's Hermitage. (Activity Level 3)
Day 7: Drive to Casone; head through beech forest into the Appennino Tosco-Emiliano
N.P. to the summit of Monte Prado. (Activity Level 3)
Day 8: End Braccicorti.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 picnic lunches, 5 dinners
- 8 days land only/ flight inclusive
- All transport and activities
- 7 nights farmhouse with swimming pool
- 5 days centre-based walking; 1 free day
- Altitude maximum 2054m, average 1000m
- Challenging departures on selected weeks
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Pontecosi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in Tuscany tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 54 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 09 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Walking in Tuscany tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in Tuscany tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.