- Nature and bush walks
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit and explore four unique islandsEnjoy vineyards, volcanoes and hot springsWalk around the tranquil waters of Lagoa do FogoOptional whale watching on the free day
It is hard to believe that the Azores are part of Europe. Born from the immensity of the Atlantic Ocean, this lush green archipelago of volcanic islands is a far cry from continental Portugal. Each of the nine islands has its own characteristics, from steep craters to abundant wildlife to sites of historical interest. All, however, are best explored on foot. We visit four of the most interesting islands, walking through UNESCO vineyards, lava plateaux (or 'fajas') and sunken volcanoes to showcase the Azores at their best.
Day 1: Start Ponta Delgada.
Day 2: Walk around Lake Furnas; afternoon visit to Terra Nostra Botanical Gardens
and tea plantations.
Day 3: Morning flight to Faial; visit to Scrimshaw Museum and trek from Trupes do
Capelo to the Capelinhos volcano.
Day 4: Day trip to Pico; walk through UNESCO heritage site of the Santa Luzia
Vineyards or take an optional climb to the summit.
Day 5: Ferry to Sao Jorge; trek to explore the Faja dos Cubres; evening return to
Day 6: Free time for optional whale watching excursion; evening flight to Sao
Day 7: Morning transfer to Praia; trek to Lagoa do Fogo; afternoon visit to Sete
Cidades to the Vista do Rei.
Day 8: End Ponta Delgada.
- 7 nights 4-star hotels, all rooms en suite5 days guided walking; 1 free dayGroup normally 4 to 16, plus local leader. Min age 16 yrsAltitude maximum 2351m (on optional ascent of Mt. Pico), average 500mTravel by internal flights, private minivan and boats ,All breakfasts and 5 lunchesAll accommodation All transport (incl. internal flights) and listed activitiesInternal flights (for all bookings, land only and flight inclusive)Arrival & departure transfers for group flights
- Any international flights to/from Ponta delgada are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in the Azores tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 135 today.
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in the Azores tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 September 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking in the Azores tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in the Azores tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.