- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the Islands of São Miguel and Terceira.
- Hike to Salto do Prego waterfall.
- Stare in awe inside ancient lava caves.
- Take a walking tour of Angra do Heroísmo’s UNESCO World Heritage site
Maybe you’ve been to the Azores before — but definitely not like this. Spend six incredible days hiking this famous archipelago, and experience a side that few ever see. Trek to pristine waterfalls, wander through storied towns, and hike through some of the most jaw-dropping landscapes you ever did see.
Day 1: Ponta Delgada
Day 2: Ponta Delgada
Day 3: Ponta Delgada
Day 4: Ponta Delgada/Angra do Heroísmo
Day 5: Angra do Heroísmo
Day 6: Angra do Heroísmo
- Hotel (5 nts).
5 breakfasts, 2 lunches
Note: Allow USD170-225 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, hiking, plane.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) on each Island, local guides
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Sanguino Trail Hike and Salto do Prego Waterfall Visit
- Sete Cidades Parish Hike
- Angra do Heroísmo Walking Tour
- Mistérios Negros trail Hike and Algar do Carvão lava caves
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Ponta delgada and from Angra Do Heroismo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Hiking the Azores tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 35+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Hiking the Azores tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hiking the Azores tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hiking the Azores tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ActiveHiking, trekking, biking, rafting, and kayaking adventures all over the world, made for outdoor types.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.