- Ascend Mt. Vesuvius, first in an air-condition bus, then on a well-maintained foot-path.
- Enjoy incredible views of the Bay of Naples.
- Take an optional adventure hike around the perimeter of the crater.
- Enjoy an intimate group of 15 people lead by a specially-certified local Vesuvius Guide.
You’ll then be taken by air conditioned transport up the formidable slopes of Mt. Vesuvius, the active volcano responsible for Pompeii’s tragic demise – don’t worry, unlike our predecessors, we have all kinds of modern equipment and it’s monitored very closely these days. If there is any sign of volcanic activity, the park is closed to visitors.
Near the summit, you’ll step out of the vehicles, lace up your shoes and enjoy a hike to the top where, on clear days you’ll get spectacular views of the Bay of Naples, the city of Naples, and the Amalfi Coast.
Those who want can then set off on the 2 kilometer (1.2 mile) hike around the crater - a unique experience that you can’t get without a special Vesuvius guide. Along the way your guide will tell you all about the geological history of the mountain and give you unique insights into the monumental forces at work beneath the surface of the earth.
With a group of 15 people or fewer you won’t ever struggle to hear your guide and you will have plenty of time and access to ask all the questions you’re going to have about the cataclysm that not only wiped out a city, but changed the study of archaeology forever. Our expert Vesuvius guides have dedicated their lives to the study of one of the world’s most famous volcanoes and there are no better people to lead you through its awe-inspiring history.
● Highest point of Mt. Vesuvius crater
● 2km (1.2m) hike around Mt. Vesuvius Crater
● Panoramic views of the Bay of Naples
- Round-trip transfer from Pompeii to Vesuvius
- Entrance tickets and reservation fees to the Vesuvius Park
- Special access to the highest point of Mt. Vesuvius
- Dedicated expert local tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● All entrance fees to Vesuvius are included in this tour. Transport between Pompeii and Vesuvius is also covered. Please note, however, that transport from your base city to Pompeii is not included.
● Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
● Comfortable walking shoes highly recommended.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.