- Bicycle tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Stunning doortodoor rides through trafficfree roads
- Travel across Italy from Puglia to the Amalfi Coast
- Visit UNESCO sites and venture into forgotten villages
Combining the best of two of our most popular Italian cycling trips, this itinerary offers the unique challenge of riding right across Italy  from the Adriatic to the Tyrrhenian sea. Expect a rewarding point-to-point ride every day through some of Italy’s most picturesque scenery on quiet and unspoilt routes. Starting from the Apullian town of Polignano a Mare, we cross Italy from east to west and venture into the heart of the Baslicata and Campania regions. The itinerary includes time in the iconic UNESCO city of Matera, as well as other jewels like Padula and Castelmezzano, a mountain village perched on the so-called 'Dolomites of the south'. Our journey ends with a fantastic ride along the world-famous Amalfi Coast all the way to Sorrento.  taxonomy/term/310
Day 1: Start in the picturesque coastal town of Polignano a Mare.
Day 2: Ride through fields and ancient olive groves to the amazing UNESCO city of
Day 3: Challenging ride into the heart of Baslicata to the secret jewel of
Castelmezzano, a village perched on top of the so called Dolomites of the
Day 4: Cross the border into Campania by bike and reach the beautiiful hilltop
village of Montesano sulla Marcellana.
Day 5: Ride to the lovely village of Corleto Sant'Angelo and spend a night in a
family-run agriturismo with pool.
Day 6: Cycle all the way to the coastal town of Paestum in Campania; visit the
famous Greek temple.
Day 7: Train ride to Salerno; ride one of the most spectacular coastal roads in the
world all the way to Sorrento via Amalfi.
Day 8: End Sorrento.
- 6 nights 3 and 4-star hotels and 1 night agriturismo , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 4 dinners
- 8 days land only / flight inclusive
- 6 days cycling with partial vehicle support (limited seats)
- London flights (if booking incl. flights)
- 90% tarmac and 10% unpaved; some long rides and challenging climbs
- Local bike hire included
- E-bike or road bike hire available on request
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Polignano A Mare and from Sorrento are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Italy Coast to Coast Ride: Puglia to Amalfi Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 98+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Italy Coast to Coast Ride: Puglia to Amalfi Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 April 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Italy Coast to Coast Ride: Puglia to Amalfi Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Italy Coast to Coast Ride: Puglia to Amalfi Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.