- Easy hiking around the Pokhara Valley.
- Witness spectacular views of Annapurna south, Gangapurna, Fishtail, Hiunchuli etc
- Explore around the traditional village of Ghandruk.
- Exotic landscapes & breathtaking Himalayan views.
From the village, one can witness the majestic panorama of the mountains like Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre etc. An old museum featuring Gurung’s culture and tradition is also at Ghandruk.
Trekking to Ghandruk is an easy hike around the Pokhara Valley and no difficult ascents or descents are involved. Initially, the trek beings from Pokhara with a drive to Phedi and you trek towards Ghandruk crossing Dhampus. You will stay for a night at Ghandruk then trek to Pothana to eventually drive back to Pokhara the other day.
Meet at your hotel and drive to Nayapul. Trekking starts from Nayapul ascending uphill to Ghandruk. En-route witness the majestic green forest and walk through rivers. Then finally reach Ghandruk.
At Ghandruk, visit the Gurung museum. You can spot different mountains from Ghandruk like Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna II, Hinuchuli, Fishtail.
Early in the morning, enjoy the sunrise over the mountains as the first ray of the sun hits the Himalayas. Then after breakfast, trek to Pothana.
At first you will have to descend down to Modi Khola then start climbing up to Landruk village. The trial passes thru paddy fields and reaches Deurali. Trekking further will arrive at Pothana.
Early in the morning, spent some time at Pothana. Pothana is on a ridge and offers great views of Annapurna massif, Fishtail and other mountains. The trek then begins to Phedi.
En-route, witness some good views of the Himalayas and lush green forests. Upon reaching Phedi, your vehicle will be awaiting and drive you to Pokhara, and drop-off at your hotel.
- Pokhara - Phedi - Pokhara by private vehicle.
- Accommodation during the trek at guest houses/lodges.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide including his transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
- Annapurna Conservation area entrance Permit and fees.
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees.
- First Aid medical kit.
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
- Anything not mention in includes section.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower etc.)
- Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
- Tips for guide and porters (Tipping are expected but not mandatory)
- If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, the provider can customized the itinerary as per your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
- Best Seasons: Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and spring (March to May) are the best seasons for this trip when the weather is clear and pleasant. However, to avoid crowd and enjoy nature this trip is favorable during the winters (Dec to Feb) as well.