- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover the lost Maya city of Chichen Itza, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Your tour of the ancient ruins includes a special visit and traditional lunch to the nearby Piste community.
- Sip margaritas and try local specialties in Merida: Yucatan’s charming colonial capital. There’s so much culture to this city, and always a place to practise your salsa!
- Dip your toe in the fresh waters surrounding Tulum – a laidback beachside community close to deep blue cenotes and expansive lagoons.
Adventure across the Yucatan Peninsula from the tropical beaches to the colourful cities. Lose yourself among ancient Maya ruins of Chichen Itza and Uxmal, and head to the bustling street markets before finding yourself in clear waters and turquoise lagoons of the coast. Learn about the Maya culture in colonial Merida, experience a traditional meal with a family, and then take the plunge in Bacalar: a laidback lake town famous for its ever-changing shades of blue water. Thousands of years of history mixed with a modern, laidback lifestyle means Mexico, and the Yucatan in particular, should be high on everyone’s bucket list.
Playa del Carmen
Chichen Itza / Merida
Uxmal Ruins / Campeche
- Hotel (7 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Chichen Itza - Archaeological site (Entrance fee, Guide & Transport)
- Piste - Traditional Maya Family Lunch
- Merida - Leader-led orientation walk
- Uxmal Ruins - Leader-led Tour (Entrance Fee)
- Campeche - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Bacalar - Leader-led orientation walk
- Muyil - Archaeological site (Entrance fee)
- Muyil - River Boat Tour
- Tulum - Leader-led orientation walk
- Any international flights to Playa Del Carmen and from Tulum are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Yucatan Peninsula Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 56+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Yucatan Peninsula Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Yucatan Peninsula Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Yucatan Peninsula Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Some included activities, such as guided tours of archaeological sites, can be quite strenuous. Be sure to bring suitably sturdy footwear.
- The tropical climate of Central America means conditions can be hot and humid. Always carry plenty of water with you and stay hydrated, especially on walking tours. There will of course be plenty of chances to swim!
- It's a good idea to learn as many Spanish words as you can. Locals are very friendly, but can be shy, so you'll need to make an effort to break the ice. It's a great way to show respect and involve yourself in their culture.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Last modified (date)
Alternate Finish point description
Alternate Finish point instructions