- duration 5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore fascinating caves in Playa del Carmen
- Swim in stunning turquoise cenotes
- Learn about authentic ancient Mayan rituals
Explore amazing subterranean caves in Playa del Carmen, admire ancient limestone formations, swim and relax in crystalline water cenotes and experience authentic Mayan culture.
Make your own way to the meeting point. Enjoy a snack and coffee (not included) in a nearby coffee shop before starting your adventure exploring fascinating caves in the jungle. Before entering the majestic caves, we will provide you with all the necessary equipment and your expert guide will give an introduction on the cave, on the safety guidelines, and will explain how to get in and out of the subterranean caves by following the signal system. The caves are not tight or narrow, so there will be no need to swim underwater (no scuba gear required).
As soon as we get inside the cave, you will admire amazing limestone formations. We will be underground for about 2 or 3 hours. During this time you will see stalagmites, stalactites, sinkholes and incredible limestone columns. Be amazed by fascinating turquoise cenotes and underground labyrinths. Reach pathways that open into larger caves, where you will have some free time to swim, relax, and enjoy the sunlight. Go back to dry land where you'll find some facilities to dry yourself off. Breathe fresh jungle air and enjoy the view while you taste a snack. After this amazing adventure, we will head back to the meeting point where this amazing subterranean adventure will come to an end.
- Private transportation during tour
- Meal: 1 snack and 1 bottle of water
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee
- Equipment: Helmet, lamp rental and water shoes
- Small group experience; Max 12
- Accommodation pick-up & drop-off
- Other meals/drinks
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Wetsuit / swimsuit
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mayan Underworld Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 October 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mayan Underworld Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mayan Underworld Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
WHAT TO BRING: Wetsuit or swimsuit, water shoes, extra clothing to change into, and a towel.
Please note: Travellers under 12 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols