- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Relax on whitesand beaches.
- Bask in Caye Caulker sunsets and reggae music.
- Experience a local homestay.
- Explore gorgeous colonial Antigua and its colourful markets.
Find your paradise somewhere between the blazing Mexican sun and the cool Guatemalan highlands on this 16-day odyssey. Wander Antigua’s cobblestone streets and its local markets before experiencing the diverse beauty of Lake Atitlán and its Indigenous villages. Geared to the adventurer wanting to capture some of Central America's finest highlights, this trip will ensure that you really pack some punch into those postcards home.
Day 1: Playa del Carmen
Day 2: Playa del Carmen
Day 3: Playa del Carmen/Caye Caulker
Day 4: Caye Caulker
Day 5: Caye Caulker
Day 6: Caye Caulker/San Ignacio
Day 7: San Ignacio
Day 8: San Ignacio/Flores
Day 9: Flores/Rio Dulce
Day 10: Rio Dulce
Day 11: Rio Dulce/Antigua Guatemala
Day 12: Antigua Guatemala
Day 13: Antigua Guatemala/Panajachel
Day 14: Panajachel/San Juan La Laguna
Day 15: San Juan La Laguna/Antigua Guatemala
Day 16: Antigua Guatemala
- Simple hotels/hostels (14 nts, most multi-share), local homestay (1 nt).
1 lunch, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD410-535 for meals not included.
- Local bus, ferry, boat, private vehicle, taxi, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: San Antonio Women's Pottery Cooperative and Local Lunch, San Ignacio
- Your G for Good Moment: Posadas Mayas Homestay, San Juan La Laguna
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Playa del Carmen
- Your Discover Moment: Caye Caulker
- Your Discover Moment: Antigua Guatemala
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Antigua Guatemala
- Guided tour of Tikal
- Orientation walk in Antigua
- Beach time in Playa del Carmen and Caye Caulker
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Playa Del Carmen and from Antigua are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mayan Sun Southbound: Boat Rides & Ruins tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 52+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mayan Sun Southbound: Boat Rides & Ruins tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mayan Sun Southbound: Boat Rides & Ruins tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mayan Sun Southbound: Boat Rides & Ruins tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.