- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Soak up true Mexican culture.
- Marvel at the beauty of Palenque.
- Relax on worldclass beaches
If you’re short on time but want to delve into the Yucatán, this wide-ranging itinerary in one of Mexico’s most fascinating regions is a worthwhile alternative to the mainstream. Snorkel Caribbean reefs and laze on beautiful white-sand beaches. Enter the world of the ancient Maya at Chichén Itzá and the incredible jungle ruins of Palenque. Your experienced Chief Experience Officer (CEO) will reveal the region’s hidden gems, taking the hassle out of travel so you can focus on ancient ruins and vibrant sites, or revel in a tranquil sunset from Playa del Carmen's beaches.
Day 1: Playa del Carmen
Day 2: Playa del Carmen/Mérida
Day 3: Mérida
Day 4: Mérida/Palenque
Day 5: Palenque
Day 6: Palenque/Bacalar
Day 7: Bacalar
Day 8: Bacalar/Playa del Carmen
Day 9: Playa del Carmen
- Hotels (8 nts).
Note: Allow USD310-405 for meals not included.
- Public bus, private vehicle.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: El Hongo Mexican Community Restaurant & Youth Art Program, Playa del Carmen
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Mérida
- Chichén Itzá guided tour
- Mérida orientation walk
- Palenque guided tour
- Beach time in Bacalar
- Free time in Mérida and Palenque
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Playa Del Carmen are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mayan Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 38+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mayan Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Mayan Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mayan Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.