- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore incredible Mayan sites and colourful local markets.
- Opt to snorkel on Belize's worldfamous barrier reef.
- Wander colonial towns and Caribbean shores.
Leave the resorts of the Mayan Riviera behind and explore the authentic Yucatán. From sunny beaches and lush jungles to the highlands of Chiapas, journey through Belize, Guatemala, and southern Mexico on this incredible 22-day adventure. Explore the amazing ruins of Chichén Itzá, Palenque, and Tikal and walk the cobblestoned streets of colonial San Cristóbal de las Casas and Antigua. Snorkel with stingrays or just get into the reggae pace of life on a sunny Caribbean island. Experience a journey that introduces you to local culture and offers insight into the history of the Mayan heartland.
Day 1: Playa del Carmen
Day 2: Playa del Carmen/Mérida
Day 3: Mérida
Day 4: Mérida/Palenque
Day 5: Palenque
Day 6: Palenque/San Cristóbal de Las Casas
Day 7: San Cristóbal de Las Casas
Day 8: San Cristóbal de Las Casas/Panajachel
Day 9: Panajachel/San Juan La Laguna
Day 10: Antigua
Day 11: Antigua Guatemala
Day 12: Antigua Guatemala/Rio Dulce
Day 13: Rio Dulce/Flores
Day 14: Flores
Day 15: Flores/San Ignacio
Day 16: San Ignacio
Day 17: San Ignacio/Caye Caulker
Day 18: Caye Caulker
Day 19: Caye Caulker
Day 20: Caye Caulker/Playa del Carmen
Day 21: Playa del Carmen
Day 22: Playa del Carmen
- Hotels (17 nts), jungle lodges (3 nts), homestay (1 nt).
Note: Allow USD800-1040 for meals not included.
- Public bus, private vehicle, boat, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Posadas Mayas Homestay, San Juan La Laguna
- Your G for Good Moment: Belize Bike with Purpose Tour, Caye Caulker
- Your G for Good Moment: El Hongo Mexican Community Restaurant & Youth Art Program, Playa del Carmen
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Mérida
- Your Discover Moment: San Cristóbal de Las Casas
- Your Discover Moment: Antigua Guatemala
- Your Discover Moment: San Ignacio
- Your Discover Moment: Caye Caulker
- Your Discover Moment: Playa del Carmen
- Chichén Itzá guided tour
- Mérida orientation walk
- Palenque guided tour
- Roberto Barrios waterfall visit
- San Cristóbal de las Casas orientation walk
- Lake Atitlán boat tour
- Antigua orientation walk
- Scenic boat ride to Livingston
- Tikal guided tour
- G Adventures-supported bike tour of Caye Caulker
- Beach time in Playa del Carmen
- Free time in Mérida, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Antigua, San Ignacio, Caye Caulker, and Playa del Carmen
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Playa Del Carmen are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mayan Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 137 today.
- Earn US$ 91+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mayan Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 April 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mayan Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mayan Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.