- Food tour
- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience Playa del Carmen from a local´s perspective
- Get to know authentic Mexican cuisine and the history behind it
- Discover the myths and facts about tacos and learn how to eat tacos like a local
- Eat tons of tacos, from a wide variety of cooking styles
Ready to talk tacos – and eat some, too? Get off the beaten path with a local by your side to discover some of Playa del Carmen’s best street food in the form of tasty tacos. Visit hidden gem venues locals love, fill up on several different varieties of tacos, and end your epic eating adventure at an exclusive rooftop bar for a cold drink amongst new friends.
Your Playa del Carmen taco-tasting adventure starts by getting well off the beaten path to discover some of the best street food in the city – hidden gems only locals know about. Get ready to explore the vibrant streets and find out where locals hang out, shop, mingle – and most importantly – eat!
The first stop will be for a quesadilla where you’ll also get to see how tortillas are made and learn how important they are to Mexican cuisine.
The second stop will be a small but colourful fruit market where we will check out some of the local produce and cool off with a fresh juice.
Our next stop will be for pollo rostizado, (local BBQ chicken) and we’ll be eating it at the most popular place to eat chicken among locals. You’ll also get a quick lesson in how to eat tacos like a local.
Still hungry? We hope so since there’s plenty more eating to do. Your fourth street food stop will be to sample tacos de carnitas (pulled pork tacos) where your local guide will tell you about the birth of Mexican cuisine.
Next up, we’ll try tacos de barbacoa, made using a pre-Columbian cooking style, and tacos de guisado (tacos with stewed fillings) from the revolution times. While you feast, you’ll learn the history behind these tacos.
Your last stop will be an exclusive rooftop terrace with spectacular ocean views where we will relax and enjoy a cold drink.
Your taco tour ends back at the meeting point, but you have the option of staying at the bar for as long as desired without having to pay for a day pass.
- English-speaking guide
- 4 tacos 1 fresh juice
- Access to an exclusive rooftop bar.
- Additional food and drinks
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Let´s Taco ‘bout Tacos tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 February 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Let´s Taco ‘bout Tacos tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Let´s Taco ‘bout Tacos tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Capilla de Nuestra Señora del CarmenAv Benito Juárez esqu. con 5ta ave, Centro, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R.Meeting end point :
Capilla de Nuestra Señora del CarmenAv Benito Juárez esqu. con 5ta ave, Centro, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.