- duration 9 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- minimum participants 9
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-21932
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Discover the natural beauty, heritage and culture of the Yucatan by bike
- Explore some of the very best Mayan sites
- Experience the local life and colour of the Yucatan
Discover the beaches, Mayan temples and colourful villages of the Yucatan Peninsula by bike. After Cozumel Island we visit the colonial towns of Merida and Valladolid and cycle through colourful Mayan villages on quiet roads with chances to swim from beautiful beaches. Finally we explore Tulum and relax.
Chichen Itza, Coba and Tulum - Explore amazing Mayan sites
Easy Yucatan cycling - Pedal on quiet back roads on the flat
Swim - From idyllic white sand beaches and in freshwater cenotes
Day 1 : Join trip in Playa del Carmen
Day 2 : Explore Cozumel Island by bike
Day 3 : Visit Chichen Itza. Cenote swim. Cycle in Merida
Day 4 : Cycle to beach, seafood grill. Taquisa evening
Day 5 : Cycle to Ake, see Izamal Spanish convent, local lunch, drive to Valladolid
Day 6 : Coastal ride to pink lagoons. Tequila tasting
Day 7 : Ride backroads through villages from Xiulub. Visit Coba Mayan site
Day 8 : Visit incredible Tulum ruins. Free afternoon on beach
Day 9 : Trip ends in Tulum
- 8 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Hotel Maria la Bonita (2 nights)
- Hotel del Gobernador (2 nights)
- Eco Hotel Quinta Regia (2 nights)
- El Mestizo (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Playa Del Carmen and from Tulum are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Mexico - The Yucatan Peninsula tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 81+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Mexico - The Yucatan Peninsula tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 November 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 November 2023, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Mexico - The Yucatan Peninsula tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Mexico - The Yucatan Peninsula tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.
What do I need to travel to Mexico?
To enter Mexico, you will need a valid passport or travel document and a completed Multiple Migratory Form (FMM). Immigration officers may also request additional documents like return tickets, hotel reservations, letters of invitation or acceptance, etc., depending on the purpose of your visit. It is vital that you keep your FMM safe because it is also required when you leave the country.
How many days should I spend in Mexico?
Seven days will be enough if you plan to cram all the major highlights into your Mexico itinerary. However, you would need more time if you prefer an in-depth exploration of Mexico, its culture, and its people. Our guide on how many days to spend in Mexico provides a detailed answer to your question.
- Do the people of Mexico speak English?
- What is the best month is to visit Mexico?
Is Mexico a family-friendly destination?
Yes. Mexico is one of the best places to visit with family. The culture is family-oriented, and most tourist destinations would welcome your kids with open arms. The attractions in cities like Riviera Maya, Los Cabos, Tulum, Cancun, and Puerto Vallarta are super family-friendly. You can rest assured that adults and kids alike would never run out of things to see and do.