- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 32 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Relax on whitesand beaches.
- Explore the Mayan ruins of Copán and Tikal.
- Bargain at the local markets of colourful colonial Antigua.
- Meet some local friends at a G Adventures for Good homestay in Guatemala.
Escape the resorts and discover something extraordinary in Central America. Visit seven countries on this adventure and experience mighty ruins, clear Caribbean waters, Pacific waves, rainforests, and breathtaking scenery along the way. Explore indigenous Mayan villages and meet locals for an immersive experience that few travellers get to know. While you're free to choose your own adventure, your accommodation and transportation are included. Our expert CEOs will help you make the most of your time. Take a trip that's packed with all the things you need and nothing you don't – 32 days of maximum adventure at minimum cost.
Day 1: Playa del Carmen
Day 2: Playa del Carmen
Day 3: Playa del Carmen/Caye Caulker
Day 4: Caye Caulker
Day 5: Caye Caulker
Day 6: Caye Caulker/San Ignacio
Day 7: San Ignacio
Day 8: San Ignacio/Flores
Day 9: Flores/Rio Dulce
Day 10: Rio Dulce
Day 11: Rio Dulce/Antigua Guatemala
Day 12: Antigua Guatemala
Day 13: Antigua Guatemala/Panajachel
Day 14: Panajachel/San Juan La Laguna
Day 15: San Juan La Laguna/Antigua Guatemala
Day 16: Antigua Guatemala
Day 17: Antigua Guatemala/Copán
Day 18: Copán
Day 19: Copán/Suchitoto
Day 20: Suchitoto/Playa El Tunco
Day 21: Playa El Tunco
Day 22: Playa El Tunco/León
Day 23: León/Granada
Day 24: Granada
Day 25: Granada/Isla de Ometepe
Day 26: Isla de Ometepe
Day 27: Isla de Ometepe/Monteverde
Day 28: Monteverde
Day 29: Monteverde/La Fortuna
Day 30: La Fortuna
Day 31: La Fortuna/San José
Day 32: San José
- Simple hotels/hostels (28 nts, most multi-share), community guesthouse stay (2 nts), homestay (1 nt).
2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD805-1050 for meals not included.
- Local bus, ferry, boat, private vehicle, taxi, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: San Antonio Women's Pottery Cooperative and Local Lunch, San Ignacio
- Your G for Good Moment: Posadas Mayas Homestay, San Juan La Laguna
- Your G for Good Moment: Puesta del Sol Community Guesthouse Stay, Isla de Ometepe
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Playa del Carmen
- Your Discover Moment: Caye Caulker
- Your Discover Moment: Antigua Guatemala
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Antigua Guatemala
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Granada
- Your Discover Moment: Granada
- Your Discover Moment: Monteverde
- Your Discover Moment: La Fortuna
- Guided tour of Tikal
- Orientation walks in Antigua, León, and Granada
- Beach time in Caye Caulker and El Tunco
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Playa Del Carmen and from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Central American Journey: Rainforests & Ruins tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 105+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Central American Journey: Rainforests & Ruins tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Central American Journey: Rainforests & Ruins tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Central American Journey: Rainforests & Ruins tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.