- Wine tasting tour
- Walking tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-17303
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Enjoy short walks in the classic rolling landscapes of southern Tuscany
- Spend time in historic hill-top towns and cities of Florence and Siena
- Enjoy wine tastings and delicious Tuscan cuisine
A walking holiday that takes in the splendours of southern Tuscany, an iconic landscape of a rolling hills, avenues of cypress trees and medieval hilltop towns. Ramble through the vineyards of Chianti, along ancient pilgrimage trails and explore the captivating cities of Siena and Florence.
Wine tastings - Sample some of Italy's finest wines from Chianti to Brunello
Hilltop towns - Discover San Gimignano, Pienza and Montalcino
Local cuisine - Enjoy the fresh produce and delicious flavours of Tuscany
Day 1 : Trip starts today in Pisa
Day 2 : Walk to the hilltop town of San Gimignano; enjoy a wine tasting before driving to Castellina in Chianti
Day 3 : Hike along white gravel tracks typical of Tuscany; visit a winery for lunch and a tasting of Chianti wines
Day 4 : Visit medieval Siena on market day; drive to Pienza in southern Tuscany
Day 5 : Take a panoramic walk from Pienza; optional cheese tasting
Day 6 : Hike in the Val D'Orcia from San Quorico D'Orcia to hilltop Montalcino
Day 7 : Drive to Florence; orientation walk and free time to explore this fabulous city
Day 8 : Trip ends in Florence
- Hotel Bologna (1 night)
- Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi (2 nights)
- Relais II Chiostro di Pienza Hotel (3 nights)
- Classic Hotel Florence (1 night)
- 7 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to Pisa and from Florence are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tuscany Walking and Wine tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 70+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tuscany Walking and Wine tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 April 2024, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tuscany Walking and Wine tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tuscany Walking and Wine tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.