- duration 3 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 14+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 3282 meters
- Enjoy trekking in the famous Drakensberg Amphitheatre
- Witness the stunning Tugela Falls, the second highest waterfall in the world
- Climb MontAuxSources (3282m), the highest peak in the Northern Drakensberg
- Tackle chain ladders and other nontechnical obstacles
Meet your group members and tour guide at Sentinel Car Park. Enjoy fantastic views of the Amphitheater as well as Sentinel & Tugela waterfalls as your hike. Tugela Falls is the second-highest waterfall in the world with a drop of 950 meters.
Spend 2 nights exploring this world heritage site and climb to the top of the highest peak in the northern Drakensberg, Mont-Aux-Sources, located 3165m above sea level. Negotiate your way through the famous chain ladders to get there. If luck is with you, you will also be able to see endangered bearded vultures, jackal buzzards, mountain rhebucks and perhaps some baboons along the way. Please note that this trek is flexible and the distances and times can be extended or shortened as necessary.
Day 1: Witsieshoek Lodge - Eland Falls Camp
Day 2: Eland Falls Camp - Tugela Falls Camp
Day 3: Tugela Falls Camp - Witsieshoek Lodge
- A qualified tour guide
- All meals from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 3
- General camping gear like stoves, cups, plates and utensils as well as 3-season mountain tents
- Transfer from the lodge to the trailhead
- Personal camping gear and items on the gear list
- Travel/medical insurance
- Pickup and drop off. Transport to/from Drakensberg
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section
- Pickup and drop off
- Earn US$ 22+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationRECOMMENDED GEAR LIST • Please remember to leave space in your Back pack for the cooking gear, food, utensils and 1st Aid, which will be shared between the group members. • You can expect to carry up to 15 kg in your back pack including your personal gear. • A portaged option is available at an additional cost , in this case you will only need to carry a day pack with your personal belongings. Porters will carry a maximum of 15kg of gear per person. ABSOLUTE ESSENTIALS – We will not proceed with the trek unless you have all of the items below. • Back Pack: MINIMUM 60 liters, must have waist belt ** Available for hire see below • Tent light weight mountaineering tent ** Supplied • Sleeping bag sub-zero -8 recommended (it can get cold even in summer) ** Available for hire see below • Sleeping mat – foam rubber ** Supplied • Waterproof outer shell • Light weight waterproof rain pants • Hiking boots & socks ESSENTIALS • Water bottle: 1 – 1.5 liters • Changes of clothing- layering is best with a good fleece for warmth • Gloves • Beanie/ Balaclava • Towel • Sun block • Sun glasses • Sun hat/ Cap • Toiletries (eco friendly) • Toilet paper • Torch + batteries, preferably headlamp OPTIONAL • Personal first aid eg plasters, deep heat, headache tablets, medication etc • Personal Energy sweets and drinks • Hiking staff • Camera AVAILABLE FOR RENTAL • Sleeping bag(-8 C, 1,4kg) with liner • Backpack