- duration 3 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
The moment you step on to these islands the usual stress and worries of every day life melts away and the island pace of life gets a hold of you. While Thailand is a predominantly Buddhist country these islands are mainly populated by peaceful Muslim communities that make a living from fishing, rice farming and rubber tree plantations.
The recent arrival of tourism to these islands hasn't affected the warm welcoming locals.
Our bike tour in these islands will have us cycling through a small market town, rice paddies, past mosques and fishing villages, through areas of natural jungle rich in plant life and fauna. The Koh Yao Expedition by bike tour isn't all biking on the final day of this Cycling tour a boat trip to local islands that rise magnificently from the sea is included.
This Biking tour combines small paved island roads with very little traffic as well as some off road dirt tracks through jungle areas and rubber trees. The distances covered are not excessive and anyone with a reasonable level of fitness will be able to enjoy this cycling tour. Some of the off road sections are hilly and can be a bit challenging but these sections are optional.
Unlike Amazing Bike Tours other tours on the mainland, our support vehicle does not join us on The Yao Islands. Our mini buses will provide transport from your Phuket hotel to the pier, once we arrive in Koh Yao Noi after a 1 hour scenic boat journey our bags will be transferred to our accommodation by local transport.
Day 1: Phuket - transfer to Pier and cycling in Koh Yao Noi
Day 2: Cycling in Koh Yao Yai
Day 3: Boat trip to Three Islands and return back to Phuket
- Minibus transfer to/from your hotel
- Boat transfer to/from Yao Islands
- 2 nights accommodation in Yao Noi Island
- All meals except breakfast on day 1 and dinner on day 3
- Trek mountain bike & helmet
- Drinking water, fruit and snacks
- English speaking guides
- Transfers from Phuket Town, Cape Panwa, Nai Yang Beach, Mai Khao Beach. Extra charge of 1500 Baht for round trip transfer from these areas.
- Khao Lak area: 1500 Baht one-way transfer
- National Park Entrance Fees
- Earn US$ 17+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationWhat to bring: Sports shoes suitable for cycling, swim wear & towel, Sun cream, Hat, Sunglasses, Camera, small day pack. Please pack light and leave unneeded luggage in your Phuket or Khao Lak hotel. Peak Season Surcharge: 15th December – 20th January 500 Baht per person/per night. Cancellation Policy: If cancellation more than 30 days prior departure - Full Refund. If cancellation 30 days or less prior departure - No Refund (due to all the planning and allocation of guides etc).