- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Phnom Penh
- Siem Reap
Later, you go upstream along the Mekong River to observe the freshwater dolphins in Kratie and a real ''off the beaten track'' tour through the Ratanakiri region in the northeastern part of Cambodia (3 days).
Go to the embarkation point on the Tonle Se San river and discover the most remote ethnic minority of Cambodia. You will go deep into the unusual Koh Peak village well-known for its traditional funeral totems.
Depart towards the Taveng village by four-wheel drive car. We will cross respectively the Norng Lek village, the Rumplan, the lava field and finally the Torng Kampoul village. Returning to the city, you will explore the gemstone mines in a surprising lunar landscape.
You will continue your visit at the forgotten temples of Beng Mealea, Koh Ker and discover the Preah Vihear temple which is situated atop a 525 meters cliff in the beautiful Dangrek mountains. 3 days in Siem Reap, you will discover the most important city of Cambodia where Khmer king had reigned over 500 years. In the ruin of archeological park, you will also explore numerous sites and the must-see temples: Angkor Wat, Angkor-Thom and Banteay Srei.
On the 12th day, you leave Siem Reap for former French colonial city of Battambang and take a private boat into Tonle Sap (the biggest natural lake in southeast Asia). You can only reach Battambang through Sangker river, a small body of water that flows through the province by following the upstream to the peaceful and pleasant town. On both the river bank, you will go deep into the Khmer rural life which is not changed since Angkor period. This city is also considered as the best French colonial architecture site in the country. It was once controlled by Siamese Army before handing over French in 1902. Its situation is the perfect base for visiting the Wat Phnom Banon, Ek Phnom temples and the nearby villages, the Angkorian period museum and possibly, the famous Bamboo Train.
On last day, you spend the entire morning on Silk Island before your return via flight. You will be transferred to the airport.
Day 1: Arrival in Phnom Penh
Day 2: Discovery of Phnom Penh
Day 3: Phnom Penh - Kampong Cham - Kratie
Day 4: Kratie - Rattanakiri (Banlung)
Day 5: Banlung - Taveng: Ethinc Minorities
Day 6: Veun Sai: Boat Journey on the Tonle Se San
Day 7: Banlung - Stung Treng - Preah Vihear
Day 8: Forgotten Temples: Koh Ker - Beng Mealea
Day 9: Angkor Roluos and Banteay Srei Temples
Day 10: Ta Prohm and other Temples
Day 11: Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat and other legacies
Day 12: Siem Reap - Chong Kneas - Battambang
Day 13: Battambang: Colonial City
Day 14: Battambang - Pursat - Kampong Chhnang - Phnom Penh
Day 15: Leaving Phnom Penh
- Accommodation 14 nights in 3 star hotel with daily breakfast
- Government approved English/French speaking guide
- All transportation by Air-conditioner vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Private boat from Siem Reap to Battambang on day 12
- Sunset cruise on day 2
- Lunch on day 2 and dinner on day 9
- Back up support from Khuon Tour office
- 2 bottles of fresh water and refreshment towels per person evryday
- All point indicated in the program
- Local or International flight
- Visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Surcharges for different language speaking guide
- Bank fees (as charged by intermediate and overseas bank)
- Additional or alternative routing requested by guest
- Tips and gratuities and other personal expenses
- Surcharge for Single room
- Anything which is not mentioned in the above cost includes
- Earn US$ 67+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.