- Museum and gallery visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 6 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the Royal Palace complex of Phnom Penh
- Learn about the days of the Khmer Rouge at Tuol Sleng
- See the 5,329 silver tiles of the Silver Pagoda
- Learn about the history of the Khmer kings
Explore the troubled, but fascinating history of Cambodia on this sightseeing tour of Phnom Penh, and visit some of the city’s most beautiful pagodas and palaces, as well as the infamous genocide museum of Tuol Sleng.
Following a hotel pick-up, your guide will take you to the Royal Palace, built in 1866 by the French after King Norodom relocated the royal capital from Oudong. Located on the western banks of the Tonle Sap River and Mekong River, the palace complex features stunning Khmer architecture, divided into 4 main compounds.
The grounds of the palace are also home to the Silver Pagoda, which received its name because its floor is made of 5,329 silver tiles. Learn about the Khmer kings who resided here the whole time except during the period when the Khmer Rouge took control in 1975. See gold and jeweled Buddha statues in the Silver Pagoda, and the Angkor Wat style Bell Tower.
Then, learn about the turbulent years of the Khmer Rouge at the infamous Tuol Sleng Museum. Located in a former high school that was used as the notorious Security Prison 21, the Genocide Museum traces the story of the Killing Fields and the torture and executions that took place from 1975-79. See exhibits that tell the stories of some of the estimated 20,000 prisoners that were killed.
Return to the city center for a drop off at your hotel. Or you can opt to drop off at a riverside café or a bar if you want to enjoy the sunset.
- Private transfers
- Servies of a tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Mineral water and cold towels in the vehicle
- Cambodia visa
- Food and drinks
- Tips and personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.